Mailing Question

AP90

Wasn't sure which forum to put this in, so hopefully it gets seen here.

Im getting into mailings, and had a CSR at Postage Saver tell me that as long as the correct letters are in the tray, it doesn't matter what order they are in, as long as they're in there. Is this correct? I couldn't find anything on this really, and when I hear "presort" I think pretty much all the work is done by us. But it'd be a lot easier to just cut tray 1 postcards and not worry about beginning to end vs making sure the sequence is in order.

Wasn't sure which forum to put this in, so hopefully it gets seen here.

Im getting into mailings, and had a CSR at Postage Saver tell me that as long as the correct letters are in the tray, it doesn't matter what order they are in, as long as they're in there. Is this correct? I couldn't find anything on this really, and when I hear "presort" I think pretty much all the work is done by us. But it'd be a lot easier to just cut tray 1 postcards and not worry about beginning to end vs making sure the sequence is in order.
The CSR at Postage Saver is correct. Unless you're claiming a walk sequence discount, the order of the pieces in tray does not matter a bit.

As long as your totals match its fine. Are you meeting the Move Update requirements?

thanks for the reply guys.
We are meeting the move update requirements by just using “or current resident”. They were just a political postcard so not that big of a deal. Basically after talking with the local postal clerk, they seem to be pretty lax? At least he made it seem like it. I was stressing out about making sure everythjng was perfect and he was just like yeah, they’ll figure it out and send it lol.

Watch this and ask yourself if they need to be in order if they are not walk sequence.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back