Making the Leap

Ron Bakker

OK, stuck in the dark ages here with an old Brown Caravel Horizontal camera.

And looking to get out.... into CTP.

Can you guys suggest some options for us?

Constraints:
1. No Yellow room
2. Little floor space for (100 ft2 for ctp system)
3. Small budget (under $35k - and the more under the better!)

Requirements:
1. Dependability
2. Dependability
3. 150 lpi would be nice.
4. System must produce plates for 15x18 GTO46
5. Metal plates preferred
6. Did I mention dependability?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Replacement is needed SOON!

Thank you in advance!

Ron.

Ctp

Ctp

Hi Ron

I know of a device that maybe perfect for your business, but I cannot talk about it till Print 09 next month. Contact me after the show and will get you details and samples.

Tom

You have several choices in the price range you're looking.
Something like a Screen 4000 would be at the upper end but is that what you really need?
Is a yellow room totally un-doable? If it is doable you could cut your investment to about $20k.
Are metal plates required for your run length or accuracy ? In many instances poly plates on the right system can produce outstanding work at a fraction of the cost of any metal system out there. Not only initial investment but time and materials in the long term picture.
I've spent the last 6+ years in helping printers of all sizes move up and into the CTP world.
I'm independent and have my fingers on the pulse of the industry. I know what works and and is dependable and most of all what is the most economical and efficient in the long run.
Give me a call or write back...
Kim
KJSAKS Enterprises, Inc
[email protected]
702-561-5936

Ron,

Kim is correct. You have many options from reconditioned equipment to new that will fit into your price range. You need to provide more information on the type of work you are doing, run length, do you want to keep and reuse the plates, what is your budget for consumables...........

On the Poly side, the Eco 1630IIIR from Mitsubishi would be a perfect fit if your run lengths are generally under 25,000 (although I do have customers going as high as 50k with no issues). For metal there is the iCTP from G&J. We have installed several of these over the last year and have had nothing but great results and compliments from those who bought them. Neither of these systems require the yellow light and take us very little floor space.

Buy Polyester

Buy Polyester

No need to get into metal in today's world the right fountain solutions, wetting agents and people with KNOWLEDGE can help you succeed with polyester plates. (Hopefully you got my plate samples by now?) We can get you into something well below your upper end and it comes with installation, ongoing support and everything you need to get you started right! System includes Rip, Imager and In-line processor, plates come out cut to size for your GTO and Rip has in-rip trapping, imposition for sheet size up to 21x21" and color proof workflow, all integrated. Best Rip on the market hands down. System is ready to ship.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back