Managing Fusing Temperatures

VigiCon

hi,
Can we Manage Fusing Temperatures by replacing fusing lamp or so? Actually, I want to control fusing temperature on any laser printer or machine for transfer printing. Some printers offer a little bit control on fusing temperatures but others don't. Laser transfer papers require a specific laser printers. I want to make it printer independent and also independent of a specific transfer paper. This can be achieved by controlling fusing temperature.

Regards
Nasir

Burn Tables

Burn Tables

These are called burn tables.

There normally is a method within the printer to change how much heat is needed to fuse on different substrates. This is required with heavy / thicker stocks (which require more heat) and thin stocks (which might bust into flames if you used the same amount of heat as you used for the heavy / thicker stock.

This gets quite interesting when you print on label stock.

We make such software.

Compose Color Blog: Express Label Print: A smart way to print labels

Compose Supplies

hi,
Can we Manage Fusing Temperatures by replacing fusing lamp or so? Actually, I want to control fusing temperature on any laser printer or machine for transfer printing. Some printers offer a little bit control on fusing temperatures but others don't. Laser transfer papers require a specific laser printers. I want to make it printer independent and also independent of a specific transfer paper. This can be achieved by controlling fusing temperature.

Regards
Nasir

I agree with the above post there is almost always a way to reduce the temperature in the fuser, if your printer is network based try typing the ip address in a browser and playing with the settings of the printer you should be able to amend the paper / material / label stock input type - if you google your printer and see what comes up.

I would try that rather than changing fuser lamps.

Custom Labels | Bespoke Label PrinterLabels | Printed Labels | Stickers | Label Printing | Milton Keynes

If you change the lamps it will cause the fuser to heat up more slowly . And and error code may appear. Don't try it.

Last edited:
Well, this is from Copier/printer service engineer...
Modern machines are controlling everything - precise temperature, time fuser reaching target temp from cold, etc... Also every manufacturer has different heat element as far as size and the way heating element is mounted, some use the lamp, some use 2 lamps, some use heating elements is Upper fuser roller and in Lower fuser roller, many machines these days use Ceramic heater... All that being said - I don't think it would be possible, not in the reasonable balance of investment VS outcome. Besides physical placement issues you would need to alter the program that controlling these functions of the machine - I mean re-write the codes... If money is not an issue and 6-7 figures could be spent on R&D and inventing - yeah there is a chance, more that that I am a really talented and experienced tech - if you go for it let me know, I would consider joining the team.

Best regards,
Roman.

I know with Xerox you could change the NVM settings, you would just need to find out what those values are from your technician. We also have a Xante IPP which runs a Oki Data box which gives us a lot of control in regards to fuser temperature.

I totally agree that some machines can offer more control than others, but, in my opinion, idea of this topic was to make this maker/model independent. Sure there are machines that suitable for this more than others but there is not universal "One size fits all" solution.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back