Moire in Stripped shirts

Bster

I have seen issues with stripped shirts before when we get on press. No issues on the proofs (Epsons) but then once the screening hits, ouch.

But the issue I am having shows on the screen, proofs and plates. Trying to get rid of the moire is proving to be quite difficult.

Any advice?

I have seen issues with stripped shirts before when we get on press. No issues on the proofs (Epsons) but then once the screening hits, ouch.

But the issue I am having shows on the screen, proofs and plates. Trying to get rid of the moire is proving to be quite difficult.

Any advice?

It sounds as if the moiré is in the original supplied image.

Is a higher resolution image available? If so, that version may be free of moiré. Use the higher resolution version instead. If none is available the image may have to be reshot with a higher resolution camera, or a camera with a better demosaicing system (e.g. Leaf camera back). or if the original is a transparency rescan at a higher dpi.

Has the image been down sampled somewhere during the production process? E.g. for placement in the original application, during the conversion to PDF, during the PDF normalizing process, during the RIPping process? Down sampling images can introduce moiré. Check all settings for PDF creation, and RIP settings. Turn off any option to resample or down sample the image.

best, gordon p

Last edited:
>>>Has the image been down sampled somewhere during the production process? E.g. for placement in the original application, during the conversion to PDF, during the PDF normalizing process, during the RIPping process? Down sampling images can introduce moiré. Check all settings for PDF creation, and RIP settings. Turn off any option to resample or down sample the image.<<<

Thank you. We figured it out about an hour ago but you nailed it too. It was in the down sample creation of the PDF. Changed our settings and presto, issue resolved.

Thanks again!

Thank you. We figured it out about an hour ago but you nailed it too. It was in the down sample creation of the PDF. Changed our settings and presto, issue resolved.

Darn it. Next time I'll try and post the answer before you ask the question! :)

best, gordon p

Hmm...yes, maybe an hour is a tad over reality..A half then...

But the thanks is allotted either way so we remain as even as the fact of the matter.

Thanks Gordo. I always remain in debt to those who carry greater knowledge in each little pool I dip into - just never on two knees.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back