NCR Paper

Baldbug

I have a job to quote on NCR paper. 80gsm in duplicate CB/CF

To be printed/run through a Xerox printer two different paper cassettes

print run 200,000

Does anyone run NCR paper throught Xerox Printers/ document Centres??

regards

Rod

The customer already gets continuous stationery buts wants to be different
The customer doesn't want pre-printed sheets
:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Our Xerox machines have taken a lot of work from the press.

Carbonless paper receipts are still a press job at our shop, AFAIK we can't run them through the copier which is why the press still does this work!

Hope this helps (for what it is worth),

Stephen Marsh

Thanks Stephen,

I found out this arvo that Xerox supply an NCR paper especially for Xerox machines. They tell me it has a grain in it where normal NCR doesn't

Rod

You can run carbonless through a xerox machine we have a 6060 also can be run through our BW digimastters. There is a problem with it though due to the microcapsules that are on the coating of the CB CF CFB etc. Due to the high temps of laser machines some of them are broken (paper will still work when you write on it) in the machine leaving a build up in the machine which can cause pronlems. I believe the mirocapsules on xerox paper can withstand higher temps. It does work but you will pay a premium for the xerox paper.

The other problem we have is taking media from different trays. Digimasters are great Xerox machines slow down too much and will jam alot!! We usually have to collate the sheets afterwards either by hand or ona collator.

AjR

Thanks Stephen,

I found out this arvo that Xerox supply an NCR paper especially for Xerox machines. They tell me it has a grain in it where normal NCR doesn't

Rod

Rod, I don't normally get involved with quotes/pricing at our shop, I have more than enough fun in the art/prepress section.

I guess that would be one reason why we always do these jobs on press, even though the run is smaller than ideal for press, most tradesman and others ordering NCR books are on a budget and the click charge and extra cost of Xerox NCR would price us out of the market.

We have seen a lot of paper suppliers merging, the players that are left no longer have as full a range as what was previously available and the stock seems to be 10-25% higher in cost.

200,000 digital? How many receipts can you fit on a sheet and what sheet size (just curious)?

Stephen Marsh

The margins in making any profit in this job seem too small for me. I have given xerox info to my client and let them take the risk of buying the stock and getting it to run on their own xerox. The whole IT system is making massive advances in technology, speed etc and I think this customer only sees the end result currently with xerox plain paper technology are not up to speed with what is practical and what is not proven printing on ncr paper and hassles with doing this.

rod

Carbonless

Carbonless

Baldbug,

Please don't be fooled by what the manufacturer tells you about their own products for their own machines. Xerox does NOT manufacture paper, and taking any kind of paper advice from someone who doesn't make paper or specialize in Carbonless (or bonds, etc.) is highly un-recommended.

While great offset carbonless can run perfect on digital equipment, it is NOT recommended or suggested (and any paper merchant who does, is lying to you). You can seriously contaminate and cause damage to your equipment (and we all know how expensive service calls, drums, ,etc. can be whether you own the machine or lease it).

Digital carbonless has a higher brightness, heavier basis weight (typically 21# versus a 20# offset), and the capsulation system should be something similar to a soy capsule, with grape seed oil, and black coloring (or blue). Digital Carbonless is chemically formulated to withstand the high heat and accept the toner with no contamination, curling, jamming, etc.

Whether you still need a quote, or would like to know how you can make 15-30% more money on your carbonless jobs- give me a call. I represent a paper mill that specializes in carbonless paper for offset and digital equipment. Free shipping and delivery, No minimums, no small order charges, you can buy reams, or cases, or huge lots- we are here to cater to your needs and put more money back into your pockets (where it belongs!!). I also do quite a bit of business with many printers who also post on PrintPlanet, printownerslist.com, and thousands of print companies (some are the biggest volume users, most are small to medium print shops shops). Only 100% American made products.

Respectfully,

Thomas Parbs
"The Marine"
888-932-7273 Ext. 2172
[email protected]
Guy's E.Paper, LLC 847-669-0222

Thanks Thomas for the info. The customer who requires the ncr paper is not very experienced in printing, copying or paper buying so we have assisted them. It's a BNi referral/assist type of arrangement.

regards
Rod

No worries baldbug. It did appear that they were confused, but since you commented there was not a lot of margin in it you weren't going to print it for them (and just have the customer buy the blank stock)- I thought I could offer a way for a larger return on your investment (if you printed said job). Regarding Margins- Margins are like pictures on the wall. They are good to look at and good to nkow they are yours, but if there aren't any dollars to support the margin- then a margin is futile. I'll take 1% of $100,000,000 before I would ever take 100% of $5 million! My father printed for RR Donnely and sons for almost 30 years and he taught me- SOME money is better than making NO money (if you have $0 and I have $1- I'm richer than you and I have more leverage). But everyone's situation is different, and everyone's philosophy will be varied from one to the other.

However, should you need unbiased information that is designed for you to make more money, really impress your clients, and have a competitive advantage- please give me a shout.

Regards,

Thomas Parbs
"The Marine"
888-932-7273 Ext. 2172
[email protected]
Guy's E.Paper, LLC 847-669-0222

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back