Need Help, Celix 4000 Installation Problem

Nii Noi

Hi All,
My name is Nii Noi from Ghana, new member. I have celix 4000 which was brought to me from UK. I have tried to install it but I couldn't. When I power up and it starts, it test all electronics boards passed, but it continue to boot and never stop booting.
This is what it display on the screen
:- spinner not at required speed, applying spinner brake.
The watchdog time keeps running and running.
Can you tell me the problem?
Thanks

Do you hear the internal compressor then the spinner starting up ? take out the right side panel, defeat the interlock and turn the imagesetter on. You will definitely hear the spinner, it's noisy.
You can also remove the rear lower panel - two allen locks, bypass the interlock and watch the pressure gauge you should get some 90-100 psi in the pneumatics system if I remember correctly.
Has the imagesetter been correctly prepared for shipping, did you remove the transit fixings ??

Last edited:
Need Help, Celix 4000 Installation Problem

Do you hear the internal compressor then the spinner starting up ? take out the right side panel, defeat the interlock and turn the imagesetter on. You will definitely hear the spinner, it's noisy.
You can also remove the rear lower panel - two allen locks, bypass the interlock and watch the pressure gauge you should get some 90-100 psi in the pneumatics system if I remember correctly.
Has the imagesetter been correctly prepared for shipping, did you remove the transit fixings ??

Thanks maxon for the reply, in fact this imagesetter is new to me. Yes I can hear the spinner spinning, then it stops. But I have not check the pressure and the the interlocks as you said.
I tried to configure the spinner by using the tech manual. I don't know whether that has cause the problem. I will appreciate if you can lead me through step by step to fix this up.
Thanks very much.
Nii Noi

First thing you must understand this is a complicated piece of equipment so the support anyone can offer on such a forum is limited. I advise you to get someone qualified on site. With all due respect you know nothing about this machine, you don't follow the advice given, but jump into 'configuring the spinner' (???) using a manual. If it's the reference manual you have there, it is dynamite in your hands. I myself spent weeks in training sessions in Hemel Hempstead back in the 90s. I can help you further if you follow my advice and respond my questions,
- can you confirm the machine has been in good working order before shipping
- have you removed all transit fixings including the traverse/carriage
- can you confirm the compressor is running
- internal pressure gauge reading
- do you get any error on the machine display when the spinner stops
- what RIP exactly do you have attached, type, software version, what scsi card
- do you have an active serial connection to the recorder

- I cannot confirm whether working or not, because it was through auction
- Yes, the leadscrew. I clean it and oil the v-groove.
- Yes, the compressor is running
- Guage Reading 95 whether machine is on or off
-
- Navigator 8.1, adeptec (AHA-2944UW KIT) Ultra PCI Differential
- Yes.

Below is the screen Display
++Rev. B laser modulator board.
++New Spinner Board

Disk Config for Controller 0:
Disk Make Model ScsiId Cap(blks) BlockSize(bytes) Bwidth(bits/sec)
0 FUJITSU M2952S-5 0 4691968 512 41943040

CELIX 4000 V01.09
Generated by : moon
Work directory : /tmp_mnt/cel/proj/scan/moon/usr/moon/C4000_01_09/gemini/sys/src
/sys
Creation date : Wed, 15 Oct 97.
Creation time : 16:27

Spinner Fan detector not fitted
14/11/94 15:09:12 TIME:997 FILE:std_env_monitor.c LINE:967 (LOG)
Valid temp and volt logs
PLL values - a = 0, m = 39, r = 3
14/11/94 15:09:51 TIME:4911 FILE:spinner.c LINE:1215 (LOG ERROR)
Spinner not at required speed
14/11/94 15:09:51 TIME:4920 Applying Spinner Brake - please wait while stopping
Display : EVT_MMI_FILM_PROCESSOR_WAIT (74660000)
Display : EVT_BLEEPER_OFF (74620000)

Thanks Maxon

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back