Need recommendations for new digital color machine

specialized

We are opting out of our contract with a Xerox DC700, after 15 months, there is a banding issue that won't go away, practically had the machine rebuilt.

Marketing wants a Canon, but what Canon offers for service warranty really sucks.

Xerox offers great service warranty, but do we just go with another 700 and hope it was a fluke that the old machine was a lemon? Xerox service offer far outshines Canon.

Xerox is recommending the 8000 saying that that is the quality we want, but for twice the price.

What other machines are there? OCE? Minolta? Kodak?

We make about 15K a month in color. Produce high end marketing material, many times need to print 500 at a time that all look the same, no color variation.

Thanks

Based on your needs it seems you would like to give a eye to the new Konica Minolta C6000 or C7000. Based on availability in your country, first give a look at specs and then ask for a quote, you should get one of it between 40 to 60K bucks.

Add EFI Fiery PRO, high capacity feeder and decurler unit with embedded densitometer for color consistency.

I am surprised that Xerox are recommending a 8000 for such small volume. 6501 would suffer in this enviroment as your not keeping it running. If your looking for a deal the 5501 (im talking KM here) will be going for a song right about now or very shortly. This is a more than adequate box.

We just installed a 6501 3 weeks ago, and have about 40k clicks on it thus far. Aside from a few jams here and there, it's been fantastic! I think we got a pretty good deal on it in terms of mo. payment, click charges, and a 5k rebate there were offering back in August. I would recommend the 6501. We thought about waiting for the 6000 / 7000, but I don't think we would have gotten near the deal on one of those, and the 6501 was plenty adequate for our purposes.

WE just dropped KM about 2-3months back and went to Canon, service has a great and uptime is MUCH better than we had with our old KM.we get alot more clicks off as well. They practically bent over backwards to get in our door.

I have not read all of the posts in this thread, but can tell you this:

I had a 7002, replaced by a 7002, and then replaced by an 8000AP. I had a big-time color consistency issue with all the machines. Also, I had samples run on a 700, with the same results. Please see my previous posts on various thread so that I don't have to repeat myself.

Bottomline: DO NOT BUY A XEROX. They all have the same issue. Xerox is aware of it but they cannot fix it, and they don't care.

I can vouch for the 6501 color is very consistent, and we have had few service calls. My only gripe is that they will only let us order one toner of each color at a time. There are jobs that we run that can use a full yellow toner in 4-5 hours run time. We then have to wait for another order. Very frustrating.

We are putting in a 6501 on Friday. Thanks for letting me know about the toner thing. I am giong to have to talk to my salesman about that. 1 of each is not going to work for me... Thanks!

We are putting in a 6501 on Friday. Thanks for letting me know about the toner thing. I am giong to have to talk to my salesman about that. 1 of each is not going to work for me... Thanks!

Yeah its hard! I'm not sure if that is just a local rule or what. I guess they are trying to cut down on people re-selling them.

We considered the Xerox 700's to replace a few 242's, but eventually decided to go with a couple of Konica/Minolta 6501's with Creo front ends. They've worked out great for the few months that we've had them. Our folks like the color managed outputs and the speed - however, don't like the noise (they're loud compared to the Xerox's).

When requested, KM even trained us to do some maintenance that would otherwise be assigned to a technician. We have a great sales rep who makes a big difference.

We considered the Xerox 700's to replace a few 242's, but eventually decided to go with a couple of Konica/Minolta 6501's with Creo front ends. They've worked out great for the few months that we've had them. Our folks like the color managed outputs and the speed - however, don't like the noise (they're loud compared to the Xerox's).

When requested, KM even trained us to do some maintenance that would otherwise be assigned to a technician. We have a great sales rep who makes a big difference.

Yes they are very loud! (a high pitched whine) We have ours near some phones and its hard to hear your conversation when it is running.

Yeah its hard! I'm not sure if that is just a local rule or what. I guess they are trying to cut down on people re-selling them.

That must be a local rule. I work for an independently-owned Konica Minolta dealership. While our usual procedure is to ship one per color, we will ship more when a production client asks.

I can vouch for the 6501 color is very consistent, and we have had few service calls. My only gripe is that they will only let us order one toner of each color at a time. There are jobs that we run that can use a full yellow toner in 4-5 hours run time. We then have to wait for another order. Very frustrating.

That's crazy!! I keep 4 of each color as backups most of the time. My tech and salesperson both recommended that as a minimum for production shops. If I run low or out, my salesperson even brings me one of theirs as a backup.

Hope this helps.

Daniel

That's crazy!! I keep 4 of each color as backups most of the time. My tech and salesperson both recommended that as a minimum for production shops. If I run low or out, my salesperson even brings me one of theirs as a backup.

Hope this helps.

Daniel

I run 3 6500's, and they'll give you as many as you want if you push for it. I routinely go through 10 of one color in a day with all three machines running, if you get a decent sales rep that understands the difference between a production shop and an office copier....you shouldn't have a problem.

We've been running 2 KM6500's for two years now. Had very little difficulty with them, and quality is great. Truth be told, I use them as back-up for the Indigo 5500 and nobody has yet complained about colour or quality. I must say though that a monthly volume of only 15k might well lead to problems - these machines like to be kept busy. We run between 80k and 120k per month on each unit.

A lot of how one experiences a machine can be attributed to service from the dealer.

just went with our first KM6501 a month ago and all I can tell you this thing was meant to be in print shops. Been running Xerox250 and doc12 before and night and day difference.

Ricoh C900 for sale

Ricoh C900 for sale

I have 2 Ricoh Pro C900s for sale. Would fit your needs perfectly. 1 is a Print/Copy/Scan version with only 53,000 impressions (showroom model). Comes with Stapler Finisher, Booklet Finisher, Large Capacity Tray and Fiery for your color needs. 1200 x 1200 dpi extremely good graphics. Asking $55K. I also have a print only version with stapler finisher, large capacity tray, and fiery. Has 1.5 million total impressions (still very low...like 20k miles on a car) Asking $35k.
[email protected]

I have 2 Ricoh Pro C900s for sale. Would fit your needs perfectly. 1 is a Print/Copy/Scan version with only 53,000 impressions (showroom model). Comes with Stapler Finisher, Booklet Finisher, Large Capacity Tray and Fiery for your color needs. 1200 x 1200 dpi extremely good graphics. Asking $55K. I also have a print only version with stapler finisher, large capacity tray, and fiery. Has 1.5 million total impressions (still very low...like 20k miles on a car) Asking $35k.
[email protected]

Give it up already! What a joke... did you sell used cars before copiers?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back