Needed info on roll label sequential barcode printing

Companies like MCS, Videojet, and Domino can mount inkjet heads to do variable numbering and barcodes. Because it is on film you may need solvent inkjet or something along those lines.

high quality high density bar code

high quality high density bar code

I'm not feeling confident that the ink jet head will print fine enough for the quality needed.

I guess I'd say test it, I have seen people using these on the sheetfed side for barcodes. The question is probably more on if the speeds are fast enough for what you would like. Some inkjet solutions don't look the best but are readable by scanners without issues. If you go to LabelExpo you see vendors displaying this capability. If they are really small barcodes I'd agree you may have troubles with this method.

If you are verifying these lables post press on a rewinder, your could inkjet there, and the speeds may be more compliant. I work with a company that does inkjet post press, with great success.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back