Netflix Question

oxburger

Anybody using Netflix? How many T.V. shows are available? Are most major networks available? Fox, CBS, NBC, ABC? What about cable shows? Just bought a Roku and will be getting it next week. Just curious as to how happy you are or what you view as drawbacks to Netflix.

I've used Netflix for years, and recently purchased a Wii and can watch some content from Netflix thru the Wii. It works very well, but the selection of instant titles is limited. It's not going to replace TV - basically, they carry anything that has been released on DVD. I don't know how Netflix determines what to make available instantly -- seems like older stuff for the most part.

I love getting the DVDs in the mail - it is very fast and convenient and their customer service is pretty good.

Thanks for the input DC. From what I've read, the amount of content viewed via streaming has gone from 37% last year to 61% this year, so it looks like they'll be pushing that a little harder. Plus I think I read yesterday that Netflix is working on a deal with Paramount, Lions Gate and MGM so that should increase their offerings as well. Looking forward to playing around and seeing what is offered.

In Canaduh Netflix is called zip (Zip.ca)

Compared to the US
We only get a two week trial - you get one month (maybe it doesn't take us as long to figure out if it's worth it?)

Our 1 DVD out at a time costs $10.95 Cdn ($10.51 USD) yours costs $8.95 USD

We have four rental plans: 1, 2, 3, or 8 DVDs out at a time - You have only one plan 1 DVD out at a time. I guess your postal system is more reliable. Or, ganging up multiple DVDs makes the Canadian system more profitable.

You can stream videos. We can't. I guess the couldn't strike a marketing deal with or game stations. Or maybe Canadians don't play games. Or our 56K modems just don't have the speed.

Ours doesn't have any of my favorite TV shows or movies:
No Have Gun Will Travel :-(
No Cannery Row :-(
No The Iron Mistress :-(

etc. Your does.

best, gordon p

On a tangent...

On a tangent...

...anybody seen the movie Helvetica?
It's in my Netflix queue, but keeps getting bumped by my family, in favor of things like The Phil Silvers Show and Gomer Pyle.
I might have to wait for the sequel, Helvetica Neue, or the comedy spoof Arial!, sure to be released soon, maybe in 3D.

It's in my Netflix queue, but keeps getting bumped by my family, in favor of things like The Phil Silvers Show and Gomer Pyle.
I might have to wait for the sequel, Helvetica Neue, or the comedy spoof Arial!, sure to be released soon, maybe in 3D.

Seriously?! Helvetica Neue?! The movie?! I want to see that!

Yes. But nothing gets blown up and there are no jokes.

If you see the humor in this:
helvetica.jpg

you'll love it.

gordon p

It's worth watching. Some people are just too into typography.

Helvetica is an awesome film. I had no idea that some many of the most crucial 20th century typographers were still alive.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back