New EA Toner of XEROX 700 is different from another?

I think the EA toner is for the IGen4 and 700, don't know how many generations back it goes. The advantage I remember is the fine particle size so that it doesn't look like piled on tonography, like the old 2060. I heard that the new EA toner was targeted towards ISO2846 shades.
John Lind
Cranberry Township, PA
724-776-4718

Xerox EA Toner

Xerox EA Toner

I noticed at Graph Expo that both the Xerox 700 and the IGen 4 had a much more matte appearence and more uniform gloss than the Xerox 5000AP and the Xerox 8000 (or was it the 7000?)AP.

Your comment seems to agree with my observations because 3 years ago I saw output from the IGen 3 and I distinctly remember it as being very shiney with very non-uniform gloss much like the Xerox 5000. I remember because I was very dissappointed.

However, there was no mention about the IGen4 having better IQ, just more productivity so I wasn't expecting the output to be better, but I'm almost certain that it was. I don't know if the IGen just has different gloss settings and they happened to have it on a lower setting this time, or if it's a result of a design change, such as the introduction of this new low melt toner. My knowledge of that device is limited.

To answer the original thread question : Yes, the EA Toner used in the new Xerox 700 is technically different from others, because it needs to fuse at a faster speed and different temperature, it's called Low Melt EA Toner

more about Xerox' EA Toner : http://www.xerox.com/innovation/new_ea.shtml

Are you saying the EA toner is just in the 700? Is it in the IGen4 too?
I would suggest some mailing experiments to see if the lower melt toner leads to more damage in the mail machines, even inside an envelope. I saw that the IGen4 even had an in line aqueous coating system. That reflects upon the previous abrasion warning. That is a fine idea, aqueous instead of UV.
John Lind
Cranberry Township, PA
724-776-4718

There are many office and production products using EA Toner in the Xerox portfolio, some of them are the DocuColor 2xx family, the Xerox 700 and Nuvera monochrome printers.

I'm not sure about the iGen4. I know the toner is specially made for the iGen4, based on all the different technology it has; for instance, one of the reasons is the color gamut it needs to produce.

the 2xx family doesn't use same toners as the 700, we have both. DC250 has much more oil in it and glossier output.

When the i-Gen 3 was the current machine we asked Xerox if we could get EA toner for it and they said it won't work in there. My understanding is the i-Gen 4 toner is not made through an Emulsion Aggregation process.

Off topic a bit...but have had my 700 for about 3 months now...putting about 35,000 clicks/month...

Loving it....with next to no jams or complaints...

Love the color.

this is my 1st Post. Nice to meet you everyone..
DC2** Series use EA HG toner which has Wax (So more glossier than EA toner),
X700 is running with EA Eco toner which is new tech, low melt toner and no need fuser oil
New EA Eco toner has severl problems like fussing issues and coated media etc..
On the other hand Xerox had had offset feel and quality results without fuser oil.
the one more thing that you guys should know is Nuvera monoprinter use EA toner not EA HG toner and iGen doesnot use EA Series Toner.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back