Nexus Help

prepressguru

Hi Gang

Well I am at a shop now with Nexus. I have inherited a bit of a prepress mess here. None of the serials or contact information has been properly documented, nor does anyone here really know the software in's and outs. Just enough to get jobs done. Notwithstanding I still need to use and get jobs processed with Nexus.

I am still trying to get my head wrapped around Nexus terminology. What I have is one Nexus computer with 8.1 which is a basic page workflow with autotrap, and creates link files. The other Nexus computer, with 8.3 is a imposition workflow which outputs to proofs (via exported Tiff), rips and screens to platesetter (via 1 bit tiffs).

Things I need to know
Is Nexus only a Raster based workflow?
What I see it does accept PDF but will rasterize it into CT LW
Can it natively process PDF without converting it to raster?

I have more question but this is just the start.

I've also need to track down a proper nexus manager installer. They don't even have the disks for the version we have.

Thanks, p

(That's a fairly old version of Nexus. Pre-PDF rip)
Point One. You will not find installer disks. Nexus software installers are downloaded based on licensing online.
Point Two. If you call Esko support they should be able to give you the lay of the land as far as what you have. Here's support info. Esko Support Services - Esko

Hey Eskopll

Yes it is a old version. But does have a PDF interperter with PDF trapper. Unfortuneately we do not have the license for it, which I found out.
I have connected with support to download Nexus and Nexus Manager. Good there now. But they were not able to tell me exactly what license we have. The manager has a license window but to me it is not very informative. But they gave me another contact to follow up with.

Well made some progress, thanks, p

I use Nexus everyday, we are on version 9.0.3. We have cut the chord with Esko because the amount of money they charge quarterly for upgrades and support is horendous. I know you get the upgrades and what not, but to me the upgrades just create a reason to need support.

Really they haven't come out with one thing i think that would warrant us to upgrade since our last upgrade to the version we have now. All I need is for the darn black box to make the little black dots and thats it, i don't need any of that new fancy stuff that breaks and requires more support, aka $$$$$$!

Any yeah my version is pdf workflow and works great with CS6.

If you have any more questions, please phrase them in 1st grade english. Thinking too hard makes my head hurt.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back