no uv :( so aq on a DI???

kristianeyman

Hello all!

i am wanting a inexpensinve solution to buying a uv coater ( for the moment) so i thought of using aq on the last unit of my di after a 4/c job. has anyone had experience with this type of alternative? who should i be looking at for the consumables and what complications can or should i be looking at preventivly? thanks, kristian!

Hi,
is your DI equipped with a coating unit? There is product called Ink Train Coating, Or Kentucky Shine that is applied through the ink trian. I would be very careful using this product on a DI. I am not sure that it would be compatible with the Silicone based DI plate, Presstek may have an answer for you or even your ink supplier (if it's not presstek).
With this product, you have to use the spray with it (sold separately) otherwise it will dry extremely quick in the ink train.
Having that said, the gloss level probably will not be anywhere near what you are trying to achieve. Might be worth looking into though,
Hope this helps.

Anthony

Last edited:
Hello all!

i am wanting a inexpensinve solution to buying a uv coater ( for the moment) so i thought of using aq on the last unit of my di after a 4/c job. has anyone had experience with this type of alternative? who should i be looking at for the consumables and what complications can or should i be looking at preventivly? thanks, kristian!

i think you can buy a uv coater, it will be good effect with uv coater

Kristian, we are the manufacturer of Kentucky Shine. It is desinged to look just like an aqueous coating on the sheet. It can be applied thru the ink fountain of any offset press. Kentucky Shine will work fine for your application. Please contace me @ [email protected] for more information. Jim Volz

Kristian, Occasionally we will have a call for spot UV on a job. Problem is we only have a flood type coater. To rectify this we run a varnish thru the 4th unit on our DI Plus. Does a great job. Simply burn the plate using a solid were the spot needs to be, clean the unit VERY WELL, add varnish and run. So far our customers have been very happy with the results. We also on occasion will run Digital print thru our DI to spot varnish. This to works very well.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back