Non-printing background (Pitstop)

Nkazy

I know you can add a background with Pitstop actions, but can it be non-printing? I'd like to use this to simulate color of the stock in a PDF proof.

Thanks
Nick

I...believe...Pitstop offers layer functionality so you might be able to add a layer, assign the object to a layer, and set the layer to non-printing. Look at the stock collection of actions that come with Pitstop and look for the Layers category.

pd

Last edited:
I had a minute so I went back and tinkered with this and I think I got it to work. Here are the Action List commands:

Select all
Add background
Select last added objects
Assign objects to layer with name
Select all
Select layers by name
Change layer print state

Cheers,
pd

I had a minute so I went back and tinkered with this and I think I got it to work. Here are the Action List commands:

Select all
Add background
Select last added objects
Assign objects to layer with name
Select all
Select layers by name
Change layer print state

Cheers,
pd
Thanks, I'll give it I try.

So close, I got it to work going to a laser printer, but when the pdf goes through my rip (PRISMAproduction), the layer prints (even thou PrintState : OFF). So my guess is that Pitstop's background and Acrobat's background are two different things. When I add a background using Acrobat and turn off "show when print" it goes through the rip just fine (without a background). When I have a color on a layer with the printstate set to OFF, it prints the layer.

1602696847976.png

Does Prisma support running Pitstop Action Lists within itself? If so, could you add an Action List that removes the layer by name before it's ripped?

pd

Should be a setting on the Prisma to print all layers or visible layers?
We did hit this on our Screen Digital press. We did have to create a step to flatten out and delete layers not used. The final pdf had no layers

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back