Numbering Multiple Pages With The Same Page Number

ScottD

I have been racking my brain trying to figure out how to put page numbers on a 6 page 1095-C form. The customer wants each person's form to be numbered separately. For example, John Doe's form will have the number 1 at the top of all 6 pages then Jane Doe will have the number 2 on the top of all 6 pages, etc.

I've tried editing the 'Number Pages (Alternating)' action list but I haven't been able to get it to work.

I attached a generic PDF to help explain what I need to do.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Test.pdf
    34.7 KB · Views: 297
I have been racking my brain trying to figure out how to put page numbers on a 6 page 1095-C form. The customer wants each person's form to be numbered separately. For example, John Doe's form will have the number 1 at the top of all 6 pages then Jane Doe will have the number 2 on the top of all 6 pages, etc.

I've tried editing the 'Number Pages (Alternating)' action list but I haven't been able to get it to work.

I attached a generic PDF to help explain what I need to do.

Thanks!
each customer is a record, just stamp record number on each page

If you have InDesign, you might be able to use InDesign's Data Merge function. Your InDesign file would be 6 pages with a variable field containing the sequence number placed in the same position on all 6 pages. In your spreadsheet data source, each row would have the sequence number. Then compose to PDF. Perhaps this would work?

pd

@prepressdork I was able to output the numbers that I needed & then used a script in InDesign to import the customer's PDFs onto a separate layer. It's not perfect but it'll get us through this first batch of jobs!

Thank you! :)

From top of my head, if you have Quite imposing that would be the easiest, literally one click and number every 7th page with proper incremented number.
Probably any variable data software can do this as well just as easy.
When it comes to Acrobat itself, it is doable but you need to do some legwork, in several steps (not sure how big your document is and how viable this method would be in such case):
1) split document into individual pages,
2) merge only every 7th page into new document,
3) add header (page number) text,
4) split resulting document,
5) merge with rest of the pages and you have it.

With Pitstop, I am not sure it would be easier, unless Andrew has some ace upon his sleeve :), it would have been very easy if Pitstop had variable to add incrementing numbers (ascending or descending).

I hope this helps

I was about to propose another solution in FusionPro, the variable data plug-in I use, but then realized your 1095-C must already be pre-merged with earnings data for each individual. That calls for another solution. :unsure: Good luck!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back