Oce VP6000 toner pages yield??

tyruschen

Hello All,

We're evaluating renting an Oce Varioprint 6250, does anyone know how much 5% coverage A4 pages one bottle of Oce VP6000 toner could yield? Thanks a lot.

I've found this data somewhere on the net while i was searching: 200,000 pages @ 6% coverage - not sure though if it's correct.

We print testing material with lots of white space which is mainly text and some clip art on a regular basis. I would consider it light coverage. I never really monitored toner usage due to being on a click plan and Oce keeps me heavily stocked, but in a shift we do 100,000 letter images and rough guessing from memory I would say we can eat about ten toner bottles in a shift. I will verify this for you in the coming days.

I can guarantee you I am MUCH closer than EASYdoor is on this though :)

The developer is included in the toner so every bottle includes two products that are premixed, so that right there is going to reduce the yield of the container and the containers are quite small (much smaller than a two-liter bottle) I will do a follow up with the exact weight or volume of the containers tommorrow morning. Each box includes two of the small bottles. It takes three botlles to fill each print engine when they run dry.

Update

Update

The bottles are .8KG each. According to my machine I am getting a yield of 26,700 letter images out of a bottle of toner ( Much better than I thought ); however we print a lot of small saddlestitched books so your are looking at a lot of pages in this count being half printed on since it is common for the booklets to be odd page counts such as 5 or 7. Perhaps I was thinking of a using a lot of toner because you fill it so much at a time, and perhaps some days coverage is higher and you fill it more than once. But I am sure the machine is being truthfull :)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back