Onyx Media Manager

arossetti

Anyone know how to do multiple spectral measurements when creating a media in Onyx? Additionally if you have a bad scan are you able to replace that patch?

Using Barbieri LFP if that matters.

Which version of onyx?
Are you using gateway inside onyx?

With the LFP, you have to rescan the whole page. (not sure how you get a bad patch?)

If version of x10.3 and later:

To get multiple scans, I'm pretty when you press print target in media manager, it opens a new window and you have options to change your patch settings i.e portrait or landscape. There's another option in there to choose and edit your measurement device settings. inside that you change how many scans and depending what LFP you have, you can change your aperture, transmissive & reflective. all in there.

I have v11.1; I do know of the window your talking about however I don't recall seeing an option for multiple scans; I will recheck today and report back. Thanks.

I'll also check tomorrow at work for you. I was suppose to do it today, but forgot all about it.

Attached is a screenshot of the steps to change the number of readings

MultipleReadings.png.jpg

Attached is a screenshot of the steps to change the number of readings

Excellent thank you. To go one step further any way to read multiple targets and average? ie print 3 linearization targets and measure all three.

Also I have had it happen that I will get a bad scan in the middle of a 3000 patch characterization, anyway of fixing the bad scan without starting over when using Onyx profile builder?

Caldera has a pretty simple way of letting you scan multiple targets and omitting measurements over a certain DeltaE and ErgoSoft has a really intelligent system when it comes to multiple readings. With dye-sub to fabric there are so many things that can go wrong from print to transfer that it is easy to have a few bad patches out of 3000.

Onyx will average your results. Once you measure all of your calibration or ink restriction targets, onyx will show the window with all the measurements, but now it will show all measurements so if you have 3 scans, it'll have 3 values for 1 patch. press next and it'll average.

Because onyx uses gateway internally. I don't think they have much control over it.
How ever if you do get a bad scan, wait until it finishes that page, then when it asks you for the next one and the screen goes to the next page, just click the page you need to rescan (at the top) and press scan or measure (what ever the button says)
I'm not sure how you're getting a bad scan with the LFP? is your material moving? What aperture size?

Onyx will average your results. Once you measure all of your calibration or ink restriction targets, onyx will show the window with all the measurements, but now it will show all measurements so if you have 3 scans, it'll have 3 values for 1 patch. press next and it'll average.

Because onyx uses gateway internally. I don't think they have much control over it.
How ever if you do get a bad scan, wait until it finishes that page, then when it asks you for the next one and the screen goes to the next page, just click the page you need to rescan (at the top) and press scan or measure (what ever the button says)
I'm not sure how you're getting a bad scan with the LFP? is your material moving? What aperture size?

I have an older LFP that does not support the static board. Also sometimes if I have 10 pages of targets 1 might get scanned out of place which is really annoying when it is number 9 of 10. Since gateway doesn't show the reference data when scanning from Onyx you would have to double check yourself that you scanned the right target before sending it back down to Onyx where it gives you a visual reference.

Or I don't notice a patch that might have smudged in transfer till I see the results on screen.

I have an older LFP that does not support the static board. Also sometimes if I have 10 pages of targets 1 might get scanned out of place which is really annoying when it is number 9 of 10. Since gateway doesn't show the reference data when scanning from Onyx you would have to double check yourself that you scanned the right target before sending it back down to Onyx where it gives you a visual reference.

Or I don't notice a patch that might have smudged in transfer till I see the results on screen.

I wish gateway in onyx was more like the full program or an option to use the full program outside of onyx.

My solution would be:

http://www.vistalogics.com/onyx-barbieri-support.html

- Download the LFP targets.
- Open the targets in gateways chart generator.
- Generate targets that match your 10 page target from onyx. pretty easy with a ruler ect.
- Read targets though gateway. Use the up down or contactless method. (it has reference data, but its in RGB for some reason, so don't actually print the chart. But at least it has something to compare with)
- Save measurements for "onyx"
- import .spec data in onyx.

Note, I'm pretty sure if you don't go past where it saves the file in gateway, you can go back and remeasure.
Also you can do multiple measurements in gateway also.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back