Pantone Pastel Help...

We have a job in that is using a Pantone Pastel color, but we can't find a Pastel Formula Guide anywhere in the shop.

Can anyone give me the formula for PMS 9203?

Thanks

If you want the 4/C build this should be close:

C = 0, M = 10, Y = 16, K = 6

If you want to mix the color from bases this is the formula:

Pantone Transparent White 40.00%
Pantone Yellow 0131 33.60%
Pantone Red 0331 14.40%
Pantone Black 0961 12.00%

Last edited:
We have a job in that is using a Pantone Pastel color, but we can't find a Pastel Formula Guide anywhere in the shop.

Can anyone give me the formula for PMS 9203?

Thanks

A LAB spec conversion to CMYK is C6 M10 Y15 K0

An RGB spec conversion to CMYK is C5 M10 Y15 K0

A LAB spec conversion to CMYK is C6 M10 Y15 K0

An RGB spec conversion to CMYK is C5 M10 Y15 K0

David, even though Impressions previously specified that he wanted the ink formula, after reading your post I have two questions:

What flavour of RGB is in your definition (sRGB, Adobe RGB etc).

What flavour of CMYK is in your definition (Fogra 28, Fogra 39, SWOP 2006 etc).

The reason that I ask, is that both RGB and CMYK are device dependent, so without knowing the "device" the numbers/values don't mean much without the reference.

Regards,

Stephen Marsh

Last edited:
David, even though Impressions previously specified that he wanted the ink formula, after reading your post I have two questions:

What flavour of RGB is in your definition (sRGB, Adobe RGB etc).

What flavour of CMYK is in your definition (Fogra 28, Fogra 39, SWOP 2006 etc).

The reason that I ask, is that both RGB and CMYK are device dependent, so without knowing the "device" the numbers/values don't mean much without the reference.

Regards,

Stephen Marsh

Adobe RGB
US WEB Coated

The RGB can be found uing Adobe products
the LAB conversion to CMYK can be foundusing Corel

Adobe RGB
US WEB Coated

The RGB can be found uing Adobe products
the LAB conversion to CMYK can be foundusing Corel

Wow David - I hope you understand that Adobe "products" differ on how they report or convert RGB into CMYK depending on the color settings, and that in particular, the LAB values that Photoshop uses are a bit different. I would not be telling people what CMYK tint is best to simulate for a Pantone based on an Adobe product, and if I were forced to, certainly would need to know a few other bits of information such as paper and (as Stephen alluded to) the applications color settings.

I was equally confused as to why one might use Corel to discover some CMYK simulation of a LAB value as opposed to "an Adobe Product" - I have no idea as to why Corel would somehow be better than Photoshop for LAB to CMYK conversions.

We have a method to exchange color data - we all should be using it.

ISO 28178:2009

We all should be also looking hard at CxF.

CxF

hope this helps !

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back