PDF printing registry CLC1180

Bobmorli

Hi there,

When we get PDF files supplied to us, we make a print of them on our CLC1180. On lots of the designs marks and larger info bits are in black registry. Our canon then prints C M Y K toner (obviously). Problem is, that the toner doesn't stick to the paper but crumbles off. I've asked a Canon man how we can solve this but since we have a Kodak Polychrome RIP he didn't know the answer (he only knew the Fiery rip). Is there any way you can tell Acrobat to print Registry black in just Black and not C M Y K black? Or does anyone know if we can do this in the Kodak RIP?

thanks

Re: PDF printing registry CLC1180

Three ideas come to mind:

1) You should be able to build an action or batch process within Acrobat (or PitStop) to remap the registration color

2) You could use color management within Acrobat to handle the colors

3) You should be able to adjust the profiles on the Kodak RIP.

Hi, Kristof.

The re-mapping that Rich suggests should do the trick. I can tell you that we have had the same problem, with a Fiery RIP and a CLC1120. A 400% black comes out like crud (as it should!).

Rich,

I'm not that big of an acrobat user. Some google work didn't make me much wiser. I haven't found anything usefull on how to create a action/batch to remap the seps. So I'm currently looking into changing the profiles on the kodak RIP.

Thanks for the help!

Hi Gregg,
Did you do the remapping in Acrobat or on the Fiery?

K

If I had received the PDF from an outside source then, yes, I would have done the remapping in Acrobat. In my case, it was just an in-house designer that was using "Registration" instead of Black for a background color. Just as you had mentioned, all that toner can't attach itself to the charged paper, and just flakes right off.

So for me, I didn't really need to come up with a fix, just had to inform the designer on what Registration is for. I just wanted to let you know that it happens with a Fiery rip as well, since your tech wasn't giving you much help.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back