PDF Toolbox vs Pitstop Pro

Dave PSI

I'm trying to work out wether I should go the extra and get my hands on PDF Toolbox or just stick with Pitstop Pro?

Any of you troopers use either or both, any suggestions or advice maybe?

I suggest you try both and see what works best for you. They both have free demos that are fully functional.

You should also try FlightCheck from Markzware.
We currently offer a joint promotion with them and you can get a very good price.

Check it out:
www. markzware.com

Ray Duval
Ultimate Technographics
www. imposition.com

Callas pdfToolbox? There is definitely overlap in features, not completely though. There are real advantages to both. You would have to test both to see which fits. I'd be happy to help as the US reseller/distributor.

Considering this is Heidelberg section, I think Dave was thinking of Prinect Toolbox instead of Callas pdfToolbox.
My advice is to go with both as even though some of the functions overlap, they are both good tools and complement each other.
We use both and I am not sure it would be easy sailing without one of them.

I'm setting up a small Pre Press department and I've had Heidelberg show me the PDF Toolbox software and even though it's looks pretty awesome.. I just wonder wether it's worth the huge price tag..

I'm thinking of just upgrading to PitStop Pro 10 and not stressing about the Toolbox..

My advice would be to consider buying it as it has tools that are better than pitstop.
You don't have to buy all the options that you don't need, like versioning, trap, object screening, etc..
My take is you must have coating and Spot handling as it's far superior to anything pitstop. Geometry tool is also very intuitive and powerful, although most of the functionality can be replicated with Pitstop.
By the way, with Heidelberg workflow, you do get pitstop license anyway so you can save money on it and put it towards extra tools that you will need for every job.
Mechanic without proper tools is a joke, why would you take away tools from your prepress operators?

If I could, I would buy every single tool out there, just to have it at operator's disposal. Even though some tools have overlapping capability, every tool is a different and that particular one might just help you push that job through at certain desperate moment.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back