PIA has launched a new UCR and GCR for Color Separation course to their iLearning Center. The course is designed to promote the understanding of why UCR & GCR are necessary when converting images from RGB to CMYK, and the advantages and disadvantages of each. The course covers the following:
- Color gamut comparison & RGB versus CMYK color spaces,
- How color is separated, gamut compression, and rendering intent,
- Under color Removal (UCR) color separation techniques,
- Gray component replacement (GCR) color separation techniques,
- Comparing UCR and GCR, when, why and how to use.