PitStop and CS4

WharfRat

I'm running CS4 with Acrobat 9 and PitStop 08 update 2
Basically the update 2 is just that
and looks and feels the same as 08.
Today -
for the life of me -
I couldn't find the "button" to simply
select an image and change (convert) it to grayscale.
( I couldn't even find a Pitstop "action" to do it)
I could open the pix in Photoshop and change to grayscale
(which I prefer anyway)
but ...
does anyone know where that is hiding in PitStop 08?

Thanks,
MSD

Sorry if this posts twice - I don't see it registered from last night.

In the inspector, go to the fill and stroke area, make sure the fill section is selected. Then at the top right you'll see a fly out menu. In here you'll find convert to greyscale, along with the show color convert panel. This is a new feature in Pitstop 8 which gives you more control over the conversion without digging around in preferences.

HTH.

In the inspector, go to the fill and stroke area, make sure the fill section is selected. Then at the top right you'll see a fly out menu. In here you'll find convert to greyscale, along with the show color convert panel. This is a new feature in Pitstop 8 which gives you more control over the conversion without digging around in preferences.
--
Thanks ... found that yesterday.
The conversion still sucked - as usual for a PitStop grayscale conversion
so I needed to edit image with PS anyway.
Do you happen to know how (where to put) to get
PitStop to "see" all the profiles on my machine
and not just the 3 or 4 default ones?

MSD

Why not let Acrobat do the color conversion of the image for you - using the EXACT SAME technology that Photoshop does and w/o all the hassles?

[the following works in Acrobat 8 and later]
Choose the Object Touchup tool (Advanced Editing toolbar)
Click on the image you wish to correct
Right/Control click to bring up the context menu
Choose "Properties"
Click on the "Color" tab
Pick your profile of choice
Click Convert Colors
Viola!

--
Thanks ... found that yesterday.
Do you happen to know how (where to put) to get
PitStop to "see" all the profiles on my machine
and not just the 3 or 4 default ones?

MSD

Which color engine did you use in PitStop? Version 08 (starting from 7.5 actually) has the option to choose three color engines (system, LittleCMS and Adobe CMM).
You have to install the Adobe CMM separately though, but it's free to download on the Adobe website.
What ICC profiles did you use?

PitStop looks at the system ICC Profile Library (ColorSync folder on Mac and the Spool folder on Win).

Why not let Acrobat do the color conversion of the image for you - using the EXACT SAME technology that Photoshop does and w/o all the hassles?
-----
Thanks Leonard - that is the ticket I have been dreaming of
and never discovered.

MSD

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back