Pitstop to Delete Text

assman

Hi,
I am trying to delete some of the text content in the pdf using Pitstop Pro. When I dragged the mouse around the intended area, many bounding boxes are seen, not sure what they are. Below are my two screen shots.
B1.jpg

123.jpg

If you switch to wireframe mode, you will see even more stuff.
All those are frames, graphic elements, clipping paths, etc...
Instead of dragging around object, in such a busy area, try to select individual lines/objects directly.
This might help.

Hi,
I have a full page of content and wish to move all text to another pdf file. The problem I have is the background image which I do not intend to move. Is there an option to hide the backgrond image so that all text can be easily selected by dragging the mouse? Pls advise and thanks in advance.

I do not have and I am not familiar with Pitstop, but here is what you should try:

In your source file, select and delete the image. Then select the text you want to move and move it to the target file. Then simply close the source file without saving it. Problem solved!

Al

Hi,
The only file that I have is the pdf file with content and background image. I need to edit some text (delete and move paragrapgh) to a target pdf file.

There is an option in Pitstop's Preferences that you can turn on and it will allow you to hold the Alt key while dragging to select. Doing so will only select items that are fully within the drag area, so you won't accidentally select anything outside of the area you drag.

If that doesn't work, you can take Al's advice and still apply it to your situation - delete everything you don't need to select, then move what you need to the other PDF. Just remember not to save over the original PDF!

You can select the image only, than choose "Hide selected" from Pitstop file menu.
Once hidden you can select everything else on page.
In order to see all elements, including hidden, under same menu choose "Show all".

Hi DCurry,
You mentioned about "There is an option in Pitstop's Preferences that you can turn on and it will allow you to hold the Alt key while dragging to select. Doing so will only select items that are fully within the drag area, so you won't accidentally select anything outside of the area you drag." I did not see the function in Pitstop Preferences. Please guide me, thank you.

This screenshot is from Pitstop 6.53, so it may appear slightly different in newer versions. It is circled in red. If you choose "Overlapped Items" then anything you touch will be selected, while choosing "Contained Items" means that the object must be fully contained in the drag area in order to be selected.

pitstop_screenshot.png

Hi DCurry,
My Pitstop screen shot is different, which is the option box I should tick to avoid accidentally selected during dragging? Thanks in advance.

pitstop.jpg

Last edited:
Why not use the online help?

Why not use the online help?

The way you have it set now is correct.

This might help explain more, Enfocus online help

Enfocus Help Center

Search for 'selection'

No problem

No problem

No problem at all, lots of good stuff up there, hope it's useful

You can also try dragging the mouse so it selects everything but the text you are trying to grab. Stop dragging just short of the text. Once that is all selected, hold the shift down and drag the mouse across the text. This will select the text and then unselect the other stuff that was selected in the first drag. Might take some trial and error.

According to your second post in his thread, your interest in the original document ceases after you have successfully moved the desired text to another document. The suggestion I gave you requires no trial and error. What didn't you like about it?

Al

That original document is not what I meant. My suggestion is to do the deletion and the copy/paste from pdf to pdf using Pitstop. Sorry if that was not clear.

Al

Hi Al,
Deleting the background image then dragging all the required text to another target file is one of the methods. And hiding the selected area is also another option. Anyway, I am really thankful for all the help and effort, you guys are really helpful. Thank you.

The yellow box is a form. The text strings in the purple lines are hidden by masks. If you click on the purple lines you can right click and release the mask. Then you would delete the old mask which is converted to a rectangle (in this case) and the text segments. You should be able to use wireframe as others have said and direct select the text segments, then remove. This may be the preferable way of doing since releasing a mask can cause other objects or masked areas to be revealed that you didn't want.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back