Plate shifting with xerox dc5000ap digital press

Hi,
we're in a real dilemma here, we have a xerox dc5000ap digital press and we have a reoccuring problem which has become somewhat of a hassle.
we get....get this.....digital plate shifting. has anyone gotten this sort of problem with the same or another digital press and actually solved this issue.
i'm telling you, we've tried practically everything with xerox's and creo's collaboration and nothing has worked. we tried changing hardware components inside the digital press as well as the creo rip pc, we've tried changing cables, we've tried plugging the rip pc and the digital press' pc into an APC battery powered powerbar in case of electric variations, we've tried formatting the rip and we even got xerox to change our digital press and guess what! its still occuring!
we'Re all out of ideas here. anyone on this earth have a clue of what may be causing this! even xerox is out of ideas! thanks

Plate shifting

Plate shifting

What exactly do you mean when you say digital plate shifting. We have a 5000 and would love to help if I can.

Robert

plate shifting explained

plate shifting explained

well the machine is doing fine and then all of a sudden i get sheets with the job imposed but the colors aren't registered. all the color plates are a few inches from each other and as the job prints itself they plates move. i get a "NO COMMUNICATION" warning in the creo rip and i get a "16-371" code error in the xerox pc.
the machine stops by itself when this happens but i have to restart the creo rip because its become corrupt. if i print any other job i get this plate shifting unless i restart the computer.
there is no typical job that makes this happen as long as it's imposed. it comes and goes. sometimes i can be weeks without having any and then BANG i get it non stop.

we are working on a dc 5252 with creo rip and are facing a similar problem of " no communication " but in our case there is no plate shifting but we get a blank print and then we restart the machine and creo to resolve the issue sometimes it is resolved in one time at times we have to restart creo more than 2-3 times.... i think this a problem with creo server and not with the machine because our models are different. Has anyone with fiery or any other color server faced this problem?

First thing I would check are the firmware updates for the Docucolor 5000ap. I think v2.0 is most current. Then check sftware level and patch updates on Creo.
Is it only happening on Imposed jobs or does it happen randomly on any type of job?

Last edited:
we are working on a dc 5252 with creo rip and are facing a similar problem of " no communication " but in our case there is no plate shifting but we get a blank print and then we restart the machine and creo to resolve the issue sometimes it is resolved in one time at times we have to restart creo more than 2-3 times.... i think this a problem with creo server and not with the machine because our models are different. Has anyone with fiery or any other color server faced this problem?

What sftware version of Creo rip are you using?

Hi, we have had the out of sync colours it was caused by toner clouding inside and generally messing up the silver registration patches on the underside of the ibt belt. Hope you sort it

plate shifting and no communication bug

plate shifting and no communication bug

hi. i'm the original poster.

the plate shifting has not been resolved but its getting rarer since we got our dc5000 changed for a dc5000AP.

whats weird is that the problem sort of mutated in the no communication bug.

sometimes we get a no communication bug and a a very pale sheet comes out of the printer. we can see on the sheet that the colors are not in sync. its really pale though.
if we dont restart the rip and we resend that same job we'll get either 2 things...
white sheets or plate shifting sheets.

the only solution to our problem is close the creo spire application and restart it.
somehow the temporary memory clears all the corrupt data i guess.

we're running creo spire sp2

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back