plockmatic 310 bookletmaker

RafalWM

I'm considering getting this unit for our offset department. Is it any good for the price range?
I know it's more of an entry model piece of equipment, but from looking at the specs, it would be enough for the jobs we do.

The Plockmatic 310 collator was discontinued early last year - replaced y the 510C collator. I am assuming it is a used machine. Remember - this is a friction-feed entry-level machine. There are limitations to what it can reliably feed.

Well...why not jot down what your expectations/needs for a collator are, and others (myself included) can provide you with suggestions. Please post stocks you will be collating, average run length, finishing process required (criss-cross jogging, bookletmaking, etc).

stocks would be around 130-200gsm, coated and uncoated.
average run length: 8000-10 000 catalogues (36 pages each)
finishing process: mainly bookletmaking

thanks for your help :)

If the machine was in optimal conditions (clean, new feed rollers) and the stock was not very static-laden, you might be fine. I would not, however, suggest a friction-feed collator for running coated stocks in any measurable quantities. It may do it for a job or two, but it was not designed for it. If you can, look for a slightly more expensive suction-feed collator.

Good luck!

thanks for your help. We might not have enough spare cash at the moment for a suction-feed collator, because I've been really trying to pick up the digital printing we do here. However I'll give it a thought.

Look for a used Watkiss SlimVac, we've had ours about 5 years and run the crap out of it. Anything from 20lb bond to 100lb gloss cover, both offset and digital.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back