PrePress Op. Job Description

herbert

If possible, please can anyone supply me with a Job Description for a PrePress/Platemaker can anyone help???

Just a start, check my Employee Description.. Give you pointers

Last edited:
As well as being a pre-press operator, I am also a pre-press trainer. In Australia, the entry level is a Certificate III in Graphic Pre-press, which is made up of 15 core and 5 elective units (the last five in the list below are electives, different colleges offer different electives). This is not a job description, however it does list the general subjects that one is expected to be competent in (both the theory and practice). One could develop a job description from such info.

Apply knowledge of the graphic pre-press sector
Access and use the Internet
Develop a basic design concept
Select and apply type
Produce pages using a page layout application
Produce graphics using a graphics application
Output images
Produce a typographic image
Digitise images for reproduction
Create pages using a page layout application
Prepare an imposition format for printing processes
Undertake digital proofing
Inspect quality against required standards
Maintain a safe work environment
Communicate in the workplace
Create graphics using a graphics application
Operate a database for digital printing
Edit a digital image
Generate high-end PDF files
Transfer digital files

Hope this helps,

Sincerely,

Stephen Marsh

This really needs to be specific to your facility/operations in order for you to get any real efficacy out of it.
Otherwise it would be too generic to give you the results that a job description should.

In short, there is no short cut - you need to write it specific to what you need them to do in your shop.

I just read that pdf file and I must say I'm appalled by the author's use of the English language! It was so bad I had to laugh. :p

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back