Preps 5.3.1 problem

shifttime

Dear experts!!

Recently just dumped a whole pallet of printed sheets due to the following problem.

I would like to appeal for help if anyone can help troubleshoot the problem as the dealer keeps pushing the blame to the file where apparently to me that it is a preps issue since preps is not suppose to change our designs other than impose our PDFs.

I would like to ask if anyone face the same issues.

Prinergy version 4.0.6.7 refined the files without much issues. however once impose the solid lines become dotted lines. I have already spent hours trying and narrowed down the issue to the 2 elements in the PDF.

All help will be deeply appreciated.

the files can be downloaded from our ftp at "ftp://gsp.ftpaccess.cc"
the user name is "guest1" and password is "1234"

hello gig0,

Thanks for taking the time to give my files a shot.

i presume the EVO does not change any of the files, you have a newer version of the Preps, which i presume solved the problem.

my dealer gave me a shot gun answer by telling it is transparency and overprint together caused the problem, apparently he is also faced the same issue in his office's CTP workflow and he is giving several of this print screens to prove his point that it was my artwork's problem.

sadly, but it doesn't convince me..... any more help, thanks in advance..

Preps Problem

Preps Problem

Hi

Just a question. Do you generate your own PDF files? If so, what application program are you using to create the PDF file. It appears that the version of PDF that you are normalizing in Prinergy is newer that Prinergy can handle. My suggestion would be to flatten the PDF file or to generate the PDF file as a PDF X-1a format. I don't believe your problem is Preps.

Ravesh

Hello Ravesh,

unfortuately the file is provided by the client, but i know it was generated from illustrator.

Well this page was part of book, if it was just a single page, it would have been easy to spot the error before print. it was unfortunate case...

Evo refined the job with few information, and a single warning that there is low res file. other than that, you can preview the problem beginning from preps all the way till the printed sheet (about a pallet of them).

Our CTP and workflow was installed in july 2008, which i believe is fairly update, i can't imagine CS3 which has been out for a while to be as new... CS4 has just launched... i highly doubt my clients are using it already but i will check....

thanks again

Hello Shifttime,

A couple of times I have had a similar problem, 2 or 3 times already, but with images, all the times the problem ws on the file tho, This is what i did, i hope it wll be usefull to you:

Open de PDF in PHOTOSHOP and use the SAVE AS option to cnvert it to a PHOTOSHOP EPS file, after that you can use the first option on the PREPS (Mixed Files -> Postscript) just be sure that in the printing option as PostScript FILE and not the Job ticket Adobe that is the default option.

After that process the files in Prinergy as usual, this "should" fix the problem that you have, I was not able to reproduce the error since i do not have the original file. If you need anything send me a message, ok???

Good Luck

You can save as a Postscript or EPS straight from Acrobat, you don't need to involve Photoshop for that. Basically it means as long as you have the latest Acrobat you don't NEED more applications, sure it's fun, and cool and keeps you from surfing to job search sites ;P

"It seems there is a bug and he has escalated this issue to the product development for resolution." kodak

so finally i found someone who see from a customer/user perspective

Thanks for all who tried to help... I will keep the files in the FTP a while longer for those who wish to give it a try.

Thanks again.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back