Preps 6.3 cutting shemes

I'm using preps 6.3 on windows. When I generate a ppf file for cutting instructions, there are no images on the sheet layout when it is imported on the cutting machine. I only see the press sheet with the outlined finished sizes. How can i have a press sheet on the screen of the cutter that includes visual images of all the files that are on the printed sheet?
Or this is not possible?

Not familiar with preps 6 but in general you either prepare a cip3 file for ink presetting with preview or cip3 for finishing, can't do both.

schwarzmuller,

Do you know if what you are asking for is even possible? It could be the cutter isn't able to read the ppf file preview. In which case you would need to communicate with the manufacturer of the cutter. If the cutter is capable of viewing this type of data, I would ask the manufacturer what the best way to get the preview is.

If the above is not possible. I would do a test. Create a several layouts Single Sided, Sheetwise, Work and Tumble, Work and Turn, and Perfector with a page at the bottom half. Send all to the cutter and determine how the page is viewed for each. Document this and the cutters should be able to follow how the job should cut, provided gripper and guide are marked correctly.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back