Preps Template for DI-Pro w/bleeds

pvadebon

I teach at a career & tech center. We have a DI-Pro. We have no problem imaging standard images sizes, ie, 8.5 x 11 on 11 x 17 with 10mm lead edge trim or standard 11 x 17 images with the 10mm trim. When we were trained, the technician hand us open the file on the RIP and use the "Crop/Clip" tool to remove 10mm off the lead edge.
The problem we are having is working with images that require a bleed.

For example, we have an 8.5 x 11 sheet with a 1/8" bleed that we want to print work and tumble on 12 x 18. The school we are printing the job for sent us a PDF file with the bleeds included. The size of the file with bleed is 11.83" x 9.33". When I try to send the file we get errors about page size is too large for the type of job we are printing.

We usually use Preps to impose the file. I can't figure out how to create the correct template in Preps to use that will solve the 10mm lead edge issue.

Does anyone either have a Preps template created for this type job they can email or explain how we should be doing this to account for the 10mm shift?

Thanks in advance.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back