PRESSTEK 34DI PROBLEMS!!!!! HELP PLEASE

Re: PRESSTEK 34DI PROBLEMS!!!!! HELP PLEASE

Simple solutions are to video the salesman visit and get all his promises recorded for future reference. Carefully craft your questions about the machine performance you expect and how you will be supported by service and warranty factors. Request a detailed list of what your operator is required to do to maintain the DI and what supplies you are required to purchase etc. Request a list of what knowledge your operator requires to run the machine everyday such as computer experience, printing experience and many other factors related to purchasing a DI.
Ask for a pricing for the laser replacement and roller replacement and how often they should and have been replaced. They have a database of all customers and their history of machine performance. Request a random list and call the people.
Ask about service response time when you require it. Ask about Tech Rep’s and how many are in your area. Request a fixed price for all your future supplies needed to operate the machine for the period you are paying for.
Have the recorded session approved by your Lawler and the people you are purchasing the DI from.
The most important factor is to PROTECT yourself and your business. The future of printing is in a major change mode presently and the machine you purchase now could be obsolete already. Research your purchase and get a record of it.

Re: PRESSTEK 34DI PROBLEMS!!!!! HELP PLEASE

when the salesman says that it does not require experience believe it to be partially true. Anyone can start the press put paper on the feed and click auto print. But that is not all. You have to have some offset knowledge. Problems that happen in conventional offset also occur on the DI. A good understanding of inkwell to rollers to plate to balnket to paper is required. The difference is in waterless technology. It is not lithography but driography. You will have to learn about that. For example if a hickey occurs in the DI, it will not go away as in conventional litho. You will have to remove the particle yourself by hand or use the more expensive method of the automatic click the button method. The room has to be airconditioned with goody humidity control and very high volume air recirculation. If you get all this right there is no other press that even comes close to match the DI quality and performance. I have been in prepress for about 14 years and had never laid ink on paper but with this press along with my existing customers I have even surprised myself. I can deliver consistently better color than almost all other gang run printers. I'm happy with the machine. Wouldnt trade it for anything except for a bigger version like an 25" if they make one.

ink blocks sticking

ink blocks sticking

everyday i have to spray the ink blocks with anti skin spray because of old ink getting into the blocks and causing the blocks to freeze up. Does anyone have any suggestions as another way to get them to not keep getting stuck? I dont run the machine everyday, sometimes it sites for weeks before we run it. Any suggestions will help.. thanks

everyday i have to spray the ink blocks with anti skin spray because of old ink getting into the blocks and causing the blocks to freeze up. Does anyone have any suggestions as another way to get them to not keep getting stuck? I dont run the machine everyday, sometimes it sites for weeks before we run it. Any suggestions will help.. thanks

Do you mean ink keys??

If so, try this, i run a 52DI and have had no problems in two years.

Zero all the duct keys,

Clean out the ink duct with blanket wash, dont just wipe it out, clean it out, it should be as clean as it was when installed. Cleanliness is evertyhing here, even more so when the press is idle for periods.

Spray the keys and front lip of the duct blade with something like WD40 or other spray-mist oil, polish the blade but leave the oil on the duct keys.

Leave the duct just open, not too far so the oil does not run back into the electrics underneath.

Thats all i do, but i must stress it has to be clean, it cant be too clean. There should be no dried ink on the front of the keys.

Always do the "ink stirring" when the duct is filled up again as it wakes all the keys up.

Good luck

Ryobi, Presstek 34DI vs QMDI 46

Ryobi, Presstek 34DI vs QMDI 46

Based on feedback from users, can we say that Ryobi and Presstek 34 DI presses are more sensitive in operating temperature (A/C controlled room required) than Heidi QMDI presses? I am asking this question because we don't have an A/C room and we want to purchase a DI press. Your inputs are appreciated.

Our QMDI Plus also requires a temp. controlled room. We keep it from 68-72 farenheit all the time and it operates great. I have seen other DI's installed in rooms were there is no temperature control and as soon as the room heats up the toning starts and will not go way until the temperature is reduced. With that being said, DONT install a DI, either brand, in a room that is not temp. Controlled. Good Luck.

It is highly recommended to have a/c, even more so on the presstek 34di, the 52di is a little more stable.

We have a partition room with strip pvc door and the a/c set to 21c all year long, the printer (me) loves it in the summer and the press loves it all year round.

Dave

Also, keep the technotrans (water chiller) outside the a/c room, this unit blows out a lot of heat and if its outside the press room it means you can run smaller a/c unit and save money.

Can we run 14pt stock on qmdi pro? I know Ryobi and presstek can run up to 20pt.
One guy told me he does not have an A/C room so he has to run his press early in the morning or in evening during summer.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back