Preview Issues !!

artpear

We just installed Acro8 on a new computer, and i was checking an ad file that we received from a client. When the file starts opening, the background image is dark purple (like it should be) but when the page is done loading it turns lighter !!!!
When I open Output Preview, it shows correctly (darker)
I checked my Color Management Preferences and everything "seems" ok ...

And if I open it on my other computer that also has Acro8, it shows up correctly

I can't figure it out

Please help

Art

Go to your Prefernces>Page Display and see if Overprint Previeu is on.
Than try again opening the file

is it a PDF X?

is it a PDF X?

If so you may have an output intent to an uncoated paper and you are simulating print black (which on uncoated or newsprint is quite light).

Look in the separations preview is it a CMYK job or are there Spotcolours spooking around?
Also if overprint makes the image correct then it would seem you have a white, or light colour object with overprint over your job. When overprint is not enabled then the lighter object is visible.

Separations preview enables overprint by default.

It may be really simple. Are you fully updated to 8.1.2? We had the same problem with Acro 8 a while ago on just one computer here and I am struggling to remember what fixed it. I am pretty sure an update fixed it, but it could have been color settings.
I know you said that you checked color settings, but did you check the color settings on the other computer you tried (the one that displayed the PDF the way you wanted). Are they the exact same? When you open output preview, is it using the same color profile that is in your color management preferences?

If everything is consistent on both computers (color settings and the profile being used in output preview), then it probably just needs updating. Let me know if this doesn't help.

Is the file PDF/X compliant or not? How was the file created? Does it use transparency?

Without seeing the PDF document(s) in question - anything we say is just a guess :(.

And the winner is........ BLUSKOOL !!!!

It was the 8.1.2 Update, the original install was 8.0.0.

Thank you sooo so much

Art

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back