Prinergy 6 and Illustrator multiply

Nivin

Illustrator files with items set to multiply are not being honored in Prinergy 6.

Anyone else have this problem? Is it a setting in Prinergy Refine?

TIA

I can test it out over here if you post the file or pm me a link.

I was going to post the file, but after a little testing this is what I found. If I create the Illustrator file in CS 2012, Prinergy refines as it should. If created in InDesign it also works well.

The supplied Illustrator file is CS6. Perhaps that's the issue.

Sorry, I can't post the customer file and can't create one that doesn't work.

I was going to post the file, but after a little testing this is what I found. If I create the Illustrator file in CS 2012, Prinergy refines as it should. If created in InDesign it also works well.

The supplied Illustrator file is CS6. Perhaps that's the issue.

Sorry, I can't post the customer file and can't create one that doesn't work.

--------------

Finally figured it out. When the pieces were Grouped, Prinergy could not refine it correctly. When unGrouped the file refined fine!

--------------

Finally figured it out. When the pieces were Grouped, Prinergy could not refine it correctly. When unGrouped the file refined fine!

Sounds strange! As this has a blending mode, just curious - are you using the APPE or CPSI engine?

Stephen Marsh

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back