Prinergy & Mac OSX 10.6 Snow Leopard

I have recently taken the plunge on 1 of my workstations in the studio & upgraded it to Mac OSX 10.6 Snow Leopard.

Has anyone else out there taken the plunge & having problems with Snow Leopard running Prinergy Workshop?

Karl

Hi, Karl,

10.6 is officially supported with Prinergy 5.1

Sites running older versions of Prinergy may be able to get Workshop to work with 10.6 by manually adding Java 1.5 to the Mac OS (you can find links to generic procedures on how to do this with Google, for example, chxo internets - Installing Java 1.5 on Snow Leopard or OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard - OneSwarm Wiki). However, this is not supported by Kodak nor Apple. Proceed with caution and a good backup. :)

James

Any update ?

Any update ?

Hi,

I'd like to know if any update for Java have been released for SL ?
How do Prinergy and WorkShop work now we can update to 10.6.1 ?

Thanks

Help, I have the same problem. I installed the Java 1.5 and it was working and now I can't even launch workshop. It quits the second I launch it. HELP!!!!

I'm not sure if this would do the trick, but have you tried re-ordering the versions of Java in the Java Preferences? It's under Applications/Utilities/Java Preferences.app
It allows you to drag the different versions of Java to show your preference between the versions.
Good Luck!
Sherry

Yes, I tried that but that didn't work either. Any other things I could try???????
It's going to be too costly for me to upgrade to 5 right now and if I had it working at one time, I don't understand why I can't get it to work again.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back