Prinergy/Preps Printing Problem

InvisSoul

Using Preps v5.3.3 and Prinergy 4.1.2 and I', on an Intel Mac OS 10.6.7. Up until a last week I was able to use preps just fine but when I'm printing into Prinergy I get this error and the other I-Mac has the same OS as mine has no problems. Not sure what the problem is. I've reinstalled Workshop, Preps, deleted my preferences and still it won't work and nothing to our knowledge has changed on the network.

Here is the error:

"Could not find a particular network file share.[1007004]

If Workshop is running on a Macintosh, there may be an AppleTalk configuration problem on the server to which you are trying to connect. On an NT server, use regedit.exe to check that the AppleTalk zone is properly set. (Check the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Services/AppleTalk/Parameters/DesiredZone.)"

It looks as though you are not properly logged in to all needed servers. Also you would be better off connecting via SMP than afp (or Apple Talk)

Even when I connect via SMB when I go to import my Preps files it automatically connects to the AFP server and I'm not sure why it does when I've got the shared server connected via SMB.

Any idea on what I can check?

When you log on sounds like keychain access is automatically logging in on. Either remove any logging on done by keychain or unmount those volumes manually (meaning any afp logons to the same volume), and re-logon via SMB .

I tried deleting all my keychain access to those servers and linking the servers via SMB and saving my keychain access with those but when I got to browse files on Prinergy server or import my imposition it mounts the Prinergy drive via AFP automatically.

*scratches head*

It kind of sounds like your server has Services For Macintosh enabled, or file shares in Prinergy Connect is enabled with AFP and not SMB, you might need to contact Kodak if you do not have a systems administrator for your servers to some how figure out your configuration dilemma, for without knowing how network is configured it is hard to say. Also if you are able to connect to SMB, make sure to relocate the folder selection, inside of Preps Preferences. Also you might want to check this area inside of preps to make sure you are targeting the correct folders. Everything in Preps needs to target the AraxiPreps Volume.

Forgot to mention that we have an iMAC running the same OS version and running Workshop as well and it can print Preps into Prinergy with no problems.

I've tried mounting the shared network drives via SMB and by using the name instead of the IP# and I'm still finding that I'm having the same problems. I reinstalled my OS on another partition and had to do the Java workaround to get Workshop v4 to run on OSX 10.6, but I'm still having a preps problem.

Now I can get to printing Preps but it just hangs and does nothing. I get no errors or anything, it doesn't even close the job window in Preps.

Are there other possible ways I can use Preps?

Try logging in as an admin. We had some permissions issues when using our operator logins. When I reconfigured the macs to all mount with admin rights the permissions errors went away.

I've tried mounting the shared network drives via SMB and by using the name instead of the IP# and I'm still finding that I'm having the same problems. I reinstalled my OS on another partition and had to do the Java workaround to get Workshop v4 to run on OSX 10.6, but I'm still having a preps problem.

Now I can get to printing Preps but it just hangs and does nothing. I get no errors or anything, it doesn't even close the job window in Preps.

Are there other possible ways I can use Preps?

I think this may be a Mac OS 10.6.x issue as I used to be able to print from Preps back into Prinergy but it no longer works as it used to. I have found though that it does create the .job file in the job folder. Once it hangs when printing from Preps, abort it, and then you can import the .job file it created into Prinergy. Using Preps 5.3., Prinergy 5.1.2.3, and OS 10.6.8 here.

When adding a layout to a prinergy job try selecting "Use Prinergy Signature Selection" on the new layout window. This doesn't use preps but imports the template the same as printing back into prinergy.

Prinergy may be using it's own local or global account for mapping shares which is not related to your user account - check first if anyone played with the araxi or creoadmin account and call kodak for help with shares configuration

Well I had my drive partitioned and I did a clean install of OSX 10.6.4, did the java workaround and installed Workshop and Preps and don't have any problems with printing Preps at all. I tried connecting the drive via SMB but Workshop mounts it automatically via AFP.

I think something got corrupted on my other partition that is causing the problem. I just don't know what it could be.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back