Prinergy server beeping

ssutton503

Our company closed its doors several weeks ago and I shut down and disconnected our servers and platesetters. We have an interested buyer so I reconnected the Prinergy 5 server and the platesetter. When I started the server, it booted, loaded Windows, emitted a lot of beeps then carried on. Prinergy 5 ran fine and I was able to make plates.

Next day, I started the Prinergy server, it made lots of beeps and Prinergy won't load. I first assumed the beeps were beep codes but they occur after POST. I can't find any hardware issues and I have tried a Ghosted boot drive. All to no avail and all with the same results.

Prinergy will say it is running but when I try to Stop it, it shows zero components running. It seems to me like the Prinergy shell launches but it doesn't load any of the components that actually do the work. While Prinergy says it can't find the dongle when launched (the dongle IS connected) I tell it to Retry, it "loads" and then shows we have a valid license and that the dongle is present.

I know the system is old but it's what we have. I also know anyone having a clue as to the problem is slim. But if you don't ask...

Thanks for any thoughts and suggestions.

Check the date/time. I have had a Prinergy server lose date/time and reset to a long ago date and Prinergy does some weird stuff and won't run correctly. Since it was off for several weeks I would check the onboard battery (on the motherboard). It may need to be replaced and date/time set to correct date/time.

Check the date/time. I have had a Prinergy server lose date/time and reset to a long ago date and Prinergy does some weird stuff and won't run correctly. Since it was off for several weeks I would check the onboard battery (on the motherboard). It may need to be replaced and date/time set to correct date/time.
Thanks, Joe. I have had the same thought and while the clock shows the correct time, it wouldn't cost much to replace the battery. I'll give it a whirl.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back