Prinergy vs Trueflow

Prinergy Is the Answer!

Better interface, better engine, much better APPE. Prinergy can be modulated and set up according to your specific need.

If you say a lie many times holy will believe it at the end. Good luck with true flow, it seems that you never saw prinergry.

Yes, I have seen Prinergy. I have also seen Ferrarri's. I can afford a Corvette at best. I pay $2,500 a year for tech support and $12,500 for support on my four up platesetter and three drawer auto loader. PLEASE, try and do that with four times the cost on Prinergy?? Maybe, I am all wet. I just know what I saw $$ wise five years ago.
We produce 100 plus proofs a day out of TF. It has its drawbacks. There are some KEY things that Prinergy does better. However, if you just need to take a lot (200K for us so far) plates to press....well, TF is just fine.

Agree with you that prinergy is Ferrari however the price can be customize and grow according to your business needs, saying that prinergy EVO is the equivalent to TF in price and ease of operation, saying that EVO can provide higher added value to the end user with full connectivity to CtP and workflow management. My recommendation. Is to check prinergy EVO 5.2 with the latest APPE 2.1. Yu will have cheaper service and cheaper package.

Hopefully Kodak will be around to support Prinergy in the future. Stock is now at $1.14 a share. Just sayin.

Hopefully Kodak will be around to support Prinergy in the future. Stock is now at $1.14 a share. Just sayin.

Prinergy (before Kodak) has had so many owners, it will not mind another.
I don't know much about other systems, but Prinergy is fantastic.
I still have to find something that Prinergy can't do.

Kodak came to our business and, to be quite honest, the sale was theirs to lose. EVERYONE from management on down wanted it. Then, we started the a la carte crap. I would look at the "menu" and ask for C....ok, that was $35,000 additional. We would go another five minutes and one of the engineers would then chime in that they "forgot" that "C" absolutely required "G" which was $5,000 and really, was quite worthless without "k" that was another $7,500
I believe we hit over $400K when we were done. I bought my TF with a brand new plate maker and multi drawer for under $200K. I can invent a LOT of nifty ways of doing things for $200 plus K!
Also, the maintenance. Again, I pay about $14K a year for my multi cassette, plate maker, and TF telephone support.
I have nothing against Kodak. I simply wanted a price that they turned it ALL on. The a la carte was ridiculous.

Hi kaiser,

There is some truth in your saying, however this happen long during Creo time.

The prinergy comes with basic function and some are lack as batch groping that is an option. However it comes with a fully integrated pagination system, virtual proofing, dashboard, preflight and data base that can be integrated with almost any MIS.

The price need to be customize by your sales guy that need to provide you with the best solution that meet your financial needs.

Hey, Stephen, is that pronounced (fŭd) or (fūd)? :D

As to the original thread, saying that one or the other is "the Answer" is a little like saying that kumquats are The Fruit!

I worked with TrueFlow for several years at another location. Great tech support at a terrific price. Very solid product - no hiccups. The imposition software FlatRunner is quite nice - very intuitive. When I purchased the workflow, stochastic and XM screens were included. I was a happy customer.

I haven't worked with Prinergy, and so cannot comment.

Kodak now at $.67 a share. People on this forum complaining about back ordered consumables and difficulty getting timely support. Trying not to be accused of promoting "FUD", just stating the obvious.

Who ran with and supported Scitex, after Scitex? Who ran with and supported Creo, after Creo? Who ran with, supported and continued development of Scenicsoft Preps? The list goes on. I personally believe (although I can't predict the future) that many of the Kodak Graphic Communications products, including Prinergy, are strong enough that they would continue being supported and developed, either under Kodak or perhaps some other possible future owner (if they were ever sold off).

Stephen Marsh

Last edited:
Go to vikisolutions.com and you will see where all the Prinergy development team went. All the brains that developed Prinergy are gone. All the code is being done in China by people that have no idea what innovation is. All I see in the future is bug fixes at best.

All the code is being done in China by people that have no idea what innovation is.
Sorry, but this is bullshit. Prinergy development is being done in Kodak Israel ( the one that formerly was called Creo Israel and before Creo it was called Scitex).

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back