Print Console

i8080

Hi, I'm using a Trendesetter 3244, it uses the infamous DeltaTechnology with Print Console 1.6. I want to upgrade the Print Console, does anybody know which is the maximum version to use with this old machine? I have to choose between 2.5 and 3.2.

Why not upgrade your Delta RIP to a newer RIP or Workflow?
Is Print Console working correctly now?
Are you going to change the hardware on the Print Console?
What is your reason for the upgrade?

It's what I'm actually planning: to use a HarlequinRIP to generate TIFFs and to output them via the TIFF Catcher from Console. The problem is that in version I have, it only outputs in service mode, with some stupid text imposed over image. I've red in some docs there is a version of PrintConsole with the tiffdownloader functioning without this bug (manufacturers usually preferring the term "feature", LOL).
The reason is obvious: just compare Delta with Harlequin!
May you help me with some additional info?! Thank you!

If Print Console is not working you can purchase a Harlequin RIP that will output the Trendsetter directly at: Heidelberg Trendsetter Workflow RIP Software Harlequin RIP Heidelberg Trendsetter 3230 3244 Quantum RIPs

You may want to consider contacting Heidelberg to see how much it would cost to get your Print Console to a version that can accept TIFFs from a Harlequin RIP. You can purchase a TIFF RIP for around $3,500, so depending on the cost to get your console accepting TIFF files, it may be better to get a full Trendsetter RIP-Kit with the card and cable to drive the Trendsetter directly plus then you could also output TIFF files in case you added a second platesetter that could accept TIFFs.

Are you using the demo version of the Harlequin RIP? The demo version does place watermark boxes on the output so maybe this is what you are seeing?

I already have a Xitron 6.2 which outputs directly through their card to an Accuset 1000, supplies TIFFs to a Magnum filmsetter via Purup TIFF catcher and I was just thinking to go the same way with the Trendsetter. Xitron also has a plugin to drive the TS thru' SCSI, but at a cost, I'm actually hoping to find somewhere that free CRI 1.7 I found written about on Technical Library CD!
The watermark are from tiffdownloader (it prints "Creo Diagnostic Tool").
CRI 1.7: Supports TIFF Downloader and 3rd party Rips / Need to enable TIFF Downloader by editing 'begin.inf' / TIFF Downloader does not require any license key / 3rd party RIPs that integrate directly with CRI 1.7 need CRI license key.

Last edited:
I already have a Xitron 6.2 which outputs directly through their card to an Accuset 1000, supplies TIFFs to a Magnum filmsetter via Purup TIFF catcher and I was just thinking to go the same way with the Trendsetter. Xitron also has a plugin to drive the TS thru' SCSI, but at a cost, I'm actually hoping to find somewhere that free CRI 1.7 I found written about on Technical Library CD!
The watermark are from tiffdownloader (it prints "Creo Diagnostic Tool").
CRI 1.7: Supports TIFF Downloader and 3rd party Rips / Need to enable TIFF Downloader by editing 'begin.inf' / TIFF Downloader does not require any license key / 3rd party RIPs that integrate directly with CRI 1.7 need CRI license key.

Do you still have the problem my friend.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back