Printi Broker MIS/CRM software solution

I have been a print broker for about 10 years and have now finally smartened up and realized the need to have a easily searchable database and estimating automation solution

I know exactly what I want and need

however does anyone know if there is a print broker mis/crm out there?

The regular commercial printer crm has many features just not needed for us brokers

If I cannot find a good flexible solution - I may just build one

If I cannot find a good flexible solution - I may just build one

Check into Business Catalyst from Adobe, or Lightswitch from Microsoft. Catalyst has been out for a while (under a different name, acquired by Adobe), while Lightswitch is still in beta, scheduled to be released on July 26.

Both come with plug-and-play database functions and can be deployed either as a desktop or web app, SQL, n-tier. You'd have to code the estimating part (ActionScript/PHP for Catalyst, C# for Lightswitch).

Thanks for the reply - that does sound very labor intensive to code the estimating part.

I did find a few companies that may have somewhat what I am looking for

ever heard of PrintMIS.com?
I may be purchasing today or tomorrow - so if you know something about them good or bad - any news would help

I will look into those options you mentioned
Thanks!

Thanks for the reply - that does sound very labor intensive to code the estimating part.

If you can live with a stand-alone estimating program, check out the Free Edition of Morning Flight. While you wouldn't be able to integrate the app into your custom Catalyst or LightSwitch CRM, if your estimating load is fewer than 50 quotes a day, you could easily transfer the quoted amount by hand. Morning Flight will estimate both offset and digital.

I downloaded morning flight and I found it a little bit unintuitive for what I was looking for. then again I am new to entering estimates into a software program

still not 100% sure I want to go with printmis - but so far, other than dealing with the people - the product is also unintuitive - but it is very feature rich... I wish I knew someone who owned it and was happy or someone who could give me tips

Thanks!

I don't know of any print MIS that specifically targets brokers. With the many drag-and-drop application building tools available today, your thought of rolling your own CRM solution may well be the way to go. I'm not saying the project will be trivial, but worth a try before you lock yourself into a complex system with costly bells and whistles you have no use for.

For instance, SalesForce is to CRM's what QuickBooks is to Accounting. For $15.00 a month, they will host one custom app on their cloud, with full access to development tools. A 60-day free trial is available at Application Development with the Force.com Cloud Computing Platform - salesforce.com

Good luck!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back