Printing Foil Card stock?

Does anybody have any suggestions on any printer (short of going to an Indigo or offset press) that will do a good job printing on a 12pt 12x18 foil card stock? It's ok if we have to UV coat or put a thin laminate over it to make it scratch resistant. I don't care if it's ink jet or toner based. It's also ok if we have to buy a special paper, we're not locked in to any particular paper at this time.

ok, i get ya, i think you would need an indigo or offset press for that, normal toner just wipes off it. You could though, try it through a standard copier and turn the fusing temp up really high.

If it is really metal foil I think you will have trouble with a toner based machine. I have seen people try and run things with foil and it caused the machine to error out due to arching so I would say something ink jet. How many pages a month?

We run Flash White Cover all the time, it has a pearl look to it. Never tried the foil stuff though.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back