Printing on Removable Vinyl on Ricoh 7200

MrDHG

Trying to run removable vinyl through 7200. Having limited success. Problem I run into is the lead edge peels the label off the backer going through the machine causing frequent jams. I can run permanent vinyl without much issue at all. The product I am using is MGX-1003 PRESStige 3.25 mil White Vinyl/Removable/90# - 12x18. Does anyone have any recommendations for Advanced Settings for this stock? Are there any similar products that you would recommend?

BTW- the spec sheet from MGX says this is incompatible with almost every make of digital printer, but I have ben able to run every MGX stock no problem on 7200 except for this particular one.

At what point in the machine does it peel off? If it at fusing you could try lowering the temperature.

I've spoken with MGX about this issue several times. They told me all of there .004 vinyl delaminates from the liner in most Ricoh engines. not the case with the .006.

The 3.25mil is a .004 vinyl.

We've used products from Kernow and Spinnaker Coatings and both have worked great on both our 9110s and 7210.
KernowPrint White Vinyl w/Removable Adh - Paper Liner (4mil) - 12x18 (Product Code P62-73)
Spinnaker - Matte White Digital Vinyl ** SR98UR Ultra-Removable ** 80# Scored - 12x18 (Product Code 0049432)

Thanks for the replies. Looks like .004 is the material to stay away from as that is the main culprit. We recently got .006 Repositionable. A few misfeeds, but nothing like the issues with the .004

Yeah, just depends on brand, I guess. Like I said, the 2 stocks we've run have worked without an issue and those are a 4mil and a 3.4mil.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back