Printing Process on a Hamada H234A using agfa plates

itsaprintshop

Had a NEW H234A installed about 7 months ago and to this day we have been unable to print a decent process job on it. We are using Agfa 8mil plates, 80 cover, and 100# text c2s. The tech has been in recently to adjust timing and we found out that one head prints larger then the other, we have additional packing to compensate. Throughout the course of a run I will check the first pass every 200-400 sheets, and it’s always on, however when I go to run the 2nd pass it’s like close but I'm always chasing down something. We don’t print a lot of process, mostly 1 and 2 color jobs, so when process jobs its always a battle.

Anyone else experiencing this? Anyone want to trade for a 3302?

I cannot help but wonder if there is something seriously wrong with the press, since it hasn’t been able to run any process job since we had it installed. It was brand spanking new.... not used.

Thanks for any insight you can provide, if you want to knock me for having a Hamada.... join the club... seems to be the way things are heading.

Regards,

Robert

I ran a C248 (landscape) and it had the same problems you mentioned. If you cant get registration and they cant fix it and it is new get rid of it. I could run process on a 3302 till the cows came home but not on the Hamada. Another Sir Speedy had the 234 and their operator hated it. I could not understand why a 3302 did not require plate packing but the hamada did.

Feed adjustment fixed the problem

Feed adjustment fixed the problem

Press is running great now. Tech was in and spent many hours rebuilding the feed table. He said he never had a problem like that in the past. With the problem fixed the press has been running amazingly smooth and hiccup free. Sorry Ryobi, but the Hamada has you beat.

Registation Problem on hamada on 4 color running 2 colors at a time

Registation Problem on hamada on 4 color running 2 colors at a time

I would try to change springs to a medium one not a heavy and backing it out A medium spring. Also keep your skid roller as close as you can to the paper geting thrown into the headstop to keep it from bouncing back and of coarse dont set your brush wheels to tight cheers

Have a few questions. Is your machine made by Hamada in Japan or in China? Is it the model with the suction tape feeder, or the conventional feeder? Does it print OK with only 3 ink form rollers, in comparison to Ryobi?

Have a few questions. Is your machine made by Hamada in Japan or in China? Is it the model with the suction tape feeder, or the conventional feeder? Does it print OK with only 3 ink form rollers, in comparison to Ryobi?

Japan, bought it before Hamada closed. This model does not have a suction tape feeder... (I’m not sure if the that is even an option on the H234) Ink coverage is better than the 3302 because of how the forms are set in relation to the oscillator rollers. The ink train is 75% of what sets it apart from the 3302. You can't beat it. Remember the 3302 may be the work horse of the 2 color work, but Hamada perfected it since it had plenty of time to work out Ryobi's bugs. Hamada made a great machine... it was their marketing that was their demise.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back