Problem printing from InDesign CS3 or Acrobat 9 to Phaser 7760

Norcrans

I am having an issue when I print to a Xerox Phaser 7760 printer from InDesign CS3 or Acrobat Professional 9 that I’m hoping someone else has seen this and has a fix for it.

I have an InDesign CS3 file that was created on a Mac running OSX 10.4.11. The file is pretty simple except for a text box at the top that is filled with PMS180 and contains some white text with a drop shadow of black applied to the text. When I print this file to a Phaser 7760 everything prints fine except for the box with the text and drop shadow. The type and shadow effect have a box around it that is close to a PMS180 and the rest of the box is a darker red. See the attached pdf so you can see what I am talking about.

This seems to be a common issue for us when creating InDesign files with effects and printing them to this printer. I have even tried exporting the file to a PDF v1.4 and printing the pdf from Acrobat Professional 9 but I get the same results. I have also tried selecting several of the printer specific options but get the same results. If I send the same file to an Epson 9800 the files print fine. This is OK as a work around but expensive for me to proof this way when the customer doesn’t want a high end proof.

If anyone has any fixes for this please let me know.

Attachments

• Month.pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 205
I had a similar issue. Try printing composite CMYK making sure the "Simulate Overprint" box is checked. Hope it helps.

Well this certainly fixes the issue when printing from InDesign. It was a miss when printing from Acrobat (which I need to do at times) but it definately helps. Thanks for the tip Colorblind.

Same Problem with Xerox Docucolor 240

Same Problem with Xerox Docucolor 240

The only way we have been able to fix that problem is by flattening the image in Photoshop which works well most of the time, but sometimes you lose some of the resolution.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back