Problem with Sleeking and Xerox Versant 160

vance

Hope somebody can help.

I am printing some business cards that are laminated with its sleeking soft-touch laminate to then print again print and apply gold sleeking.

I am getting tiny gold dust everywhere... seems to be coming from the xerox versant 160 toner.

Anybody has had this problem and found a solution?

Thanks

Is the dust the security pattern of the colour toner? I've had that before, if it is switch to grayscale in the rip and it should eliminate it.

^^^ This is exactly what Vivid explained to us when we had our training day on foiling last month.

Did they explain how you're suppose to do the sleeking with the clear "foils"? Does the same not happen, but you need colour for it?

Did they explain how you're suppose to do the sleeking with the clear "foils"? Does the same not happen, but you need colour for it?
No, that wasn't covered, we've not tried spot embellishment yet, as only done basics so far (certificates in gold, silver and bronze)

Thanks, will try to print in greyscale.

For reference, here is a photo of the problem I am getting.

Attachments

• 20210521_160542.png
    20210521_160542.png
    843.2 KB · Views: 340

Thats called a steganography pattern. Its a yellow dot pattern to quickly identify which printer/serial the print came out of in case somebody wants to counterfeit. You have to print in grayscale (like the other gentlemen mentioned) in order to avoid this. You get this for spot gloss (because you have to print in color) but its less noticeable because the yellow microdots dont offer much toner coverage.

Vance

We have been trying to do sleeking on a Iridesse after laminating the sheet and bring back thru we find that the registion is bad do have solution for said problem

the sleeking marks don't line up with the 4color marks we don't have background dot issue it's the the lining up of sleeking marks to the 4color marks

the sleeking marks don't line up with the 4color marks we don't have background dot issue it's the the lining up of sleeking marks to the 4color marks
do you trim the front and back of the sheets after laminating? Its always going to be a tiny bit off but you can minimize that as much as possible if you trim the front and back of the laminated sheets.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back