Q: KM C6500 - Density Variation Across Print

Emgee

Hi All

Our C6500 is exhibiting density variation across the width of the page and from some other posts I have found on here this appears to be an "issue" with the C6500. Our tech has been working like mad to find a solution, but so far no luck. The problem for us (commercial printing, sort of, we're not a quick copy center, we produce books for resale by companies, individuals, organizations, etc.) is that we print the book covers two-up and once cut down half the covers printed have a noticably different color which looks really poor on our part.

We notice the most variation in yellow and it really skews the color of our prints. Minor variations in magenta and cyan don't help either but they're not as bad as the yellow.

Any techs on here have any suggestions on how to fix (or at least improve) the problem that I can pass along to our tech? Other than buying some other machine! :)

Thanks for your time and suggestions.

This is an A-typical fault in early c6500's particulary in the yellow. Step one, print in line screen if this doesn't help he needs to fit the modified write unit.

Hi UberTech

Thanks for replying. I showed our tech your reply and he's going to inquire about the modified write unit for the C6500. I hope it helps.

I've tried the various screens and they all, unfortunately, exhibit the problem. But worth trying nonetheless.

Thank you!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back