QDirect

cec-prepress

Does anyone have any direct experience with QDirect by Rochester Software Associates? It was recommended to me in another thread as an option for a single queue for multiple machines. I like what I've read, but would appreciate any user opinions.
Thanks

Since no one has responded yet I thought I'd throw in my 2 cents'. I've supported it in several installs and it's a very capable system for controlling workflow, routing jobs and managing multiple print destinations. But it does a lot more than queue jobs as it has pretty powerful scripting capabilities for doing things like conditioning data, adding barcodes and such. It also allows you to output electronic files for archival purposes. So it might be more than you need and the fact that it's shipped on a Sun Solaris box makes it a bit expensive. On the other hand it's rock solid software and RSA provides top-shelf support.

Do you know what those costs are, roughly, even? I haven't heard back from RSA for a couple days.

I'm bound not to disclose pricing but let's say when you factor in installation and yearly maintenance you could buy an Accord for the same thing. But don't take that as the final word as there are many variables. I'm not sure but it may be that they only sell throught partners (Ricoh, e.g.). If you don't hear back from RSA let me know privately and I'll hook you up.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back