Quantum Lotem 800

mloch

Hi Does anyone know if there is a tiff catcher for the above CTP device? We have one that is using Brisque workflow, but are now looking at different frontends, but face the issue of how to interface these with the above device. All my searching has only lead to dead ends, and it looks more and more that we are locked in to using Kodak EVO or Prinergy. If anyone has any knowledge of a compatible tiff catcher i would be interested in your advice or hearing about your experiences.

Thanks
Mloch

Thanks for the info. I should have pointed out that this has been tried and works OK, but the other issue we face is the aging hardware and support charge to continue to use Brisque into the future. We are looking, if we are successful to turn the old system off in favor of a new workflow and interface. However we have not found any tiff cather type interface that would allow us this flexibility.

Kodak provides a 1-bit TIFF workstation for Kodak 8-up CTP devices, which includes the TIFF downloader software and performance server. The 1-bit TIFF workstation can also be used for connecting 3rd-party workflows to Kodak CTP devices, including the Lotem 800 Quantum platesetter with 1-bit TIFF.

I suggest that you contact your local Kodak representative for more details.

Don't worry about support on your existing Lotem 800V/Quantum. We are specializing in Creo Scitex equipment. We buy, sell and service any Dolev, Lotem, Trendsetter and existing Brisque workflow. If you think you are paying too much on your service agreement or can't get service at a reasonable rate, give us a call and we will take care of it. We won't even charge you for phone support. If you are thinking of replacing your older Lotem with the newer Quantum, I have a year 2006 in mint condition. Includes delivery, installation and warranty. Call 513-312-7154 for more info.

Lotem Flex 4045 Tiff Catcher

Lotem Flex 4045 Tiff Catcher

Does any one knows if there´s a Tiff catcher for this machine i dont want to use the brisque cause its lack of spares, and high cost of them. the machine is a Lotem Flex 4045 and it is a old machine that is hooked up to the brisque with a TSP card from scitex. thanks for any help.

I can support your brisque as long as you want to use it. We have plenty of parts and can service any brisque nationwide. Give me a call at 513-312-7154
Thanks,

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back