Quark 6.5 & MAC OSX 10.5

try trashing quark preference file.. but backup your print styles if you have them.

We have encountered this problem when we upgraded to Leopard as well. Our solution was to get a copy of JoJo 1.09 from JoLauterbach Software for all of our workstations. You just drag your Quark or InDesign files onto it and JoJo recognizes the version of Quark or InDesign that is needed. It takes a lot of guess work out of deciding which InDesign app to use. It has worked great for us, I highly recommend it.

That's cool. I didn't know there was a program for that. It could save a lot of accumulated wait time over the course of the day, not to mention keeping us from returning final print files to clients using the wrong revision software! I'm going to look into JoJo. Thanks!

@ OP: Sorry you're having the problem with Quark files. Most of my shops machines are still using the old Mac OS, so it hasn't become an issue.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back