Quark Launches Web-to-Print Service

Cory Smith

Quark Launches New Web-to-Print Service for Small Businesses

Denver, CO – November 19, 2009 – Quark announced today the launch of QuarkPromote.com, a new online service that helps entrepreneurs and small businesses in the United States easily create their own high-quality, professional marketing materials that can be picked up at a nearby neighborhood printer or received by mail in just a few days. The easy-to-use service allows people with no previous design or printing experience to customize professionally designed templates for business cards, postcards, flyers, brochures, appointment cards, coupons, letterhead and envelopes.

Quark : Revolutionizing Publishing. Again.

Sir Speedy, PIP and Signal Graphics have announced they have joined the QuarkPromote.com Neighborhood Print Partner program. Sir Speedy, PIP and Signal Graphics join QuarkPromote.com Neighborhood Print Partner Program - Printing Industry News from WhatTheyThink

"This program is a great opportunity for many small- to mid-sized businesses, our primary customer base, to easily and affordably get high-end design and quality marketing materials locally printed and delivered right to their door," said Kelly Kimberlin, vice president of strategic development for Franchise Services, Inc. "The marriage of online ordering with local production benefits the customer by bringing back the personal attention of a business to business relationship on the customers terms. It's really a win-win for everyone."

Yeah! But if you're using a MAC you're SOL :) Thank Gawd for small favors.

Can't anyone come up with more and better ways to devalue graphic design? Besides, just because people are willing to eat crap doesn't mean printers have to serve it.

best (shoulda been a plumber 'cause customers don't complain about the price when the sh!!!ts overflowing the system) gordon p

Last edited:
Wow, I thought there would be a lot more indignation upon the announcement of well, really anything from Quark, but especially something like this...

I tend to agree with Gordo, we just can't more ways quickly enough to devalue the graphic design profession. You know your career has jumped the shark when ads for graphic design degrees show up in online banner ads.

Maybe I should have taken that truck driver's job...

Looks like a desperate attempt from Quark to expand their userbase. Making that new product Windows only (for now) makes the whole concept look like a fancy online Microsoft Publisher. If that's what Quark compares itself to, fine with me.

Yeah! But if you're using a MAC you're SOL :) Thank Gawd for small favors.

Can't anyone come up with more and better ways to devalue graphic design? Besides, just because people are willing to eat crap doesn't mean printers have to serve it.

best (shoulda been a plumber 'cause customers don't complain about the price when the sh!!!ts overflowing the system) gordon p

Did you see the other requirement besides Windows and 1GB of RAM? You need a 512MB video card too...

Quark is really trying hard, lately we received a "buy 1 get 2" licence offer from them. Too bad we only use InDesign now...

Hey, nobody is jumping on your latest bloated release? Open up a Web2Print site instead! It's the Wave of the Future!!

God I love this business, no wonder I have a giant, sinking feeling that's only growing daily.

ah yes Quark where oh where do I start.
In the early 90s I used them exclusively for type, in fact they were it in the 90's.
Then I remember when they insisted you buy a full working version back in the day.
They kind of had a pay up or forget it attitude.
At the time Adobe had Pagemaker, if you wanted to get anywhere you had to have quark.
Then came Photoshop layers, InDesign, PDF's
At this point the thinking with most Prepress professionals was lets try InDesign how bad can it be.
Some started to actually like it after version ID2 it just worked.
If Quark wanted to try and get back in with the Print pros (the ones that are left) they could maybe...................
Oh wait it looks like quark is leaning to the windows platform?
Does it say it is a partner with Microsoft?
ah never mind

God I love this business, no wonder I have a giant, sinking feeling that's only growing daily.
Yes!!! more than you think: do you know "USB wine" system?
It's like iTune and iTune music store, but for wines: an USB tap and a dedicated download site...

... you simply plug the tap on an USB port of your computer (not behind the computer, it's easier!!!), then you are automatically connected to the site, you choose your wine, you pay, you download the wine, you put a glass or a bottle under the USB tap, you open the tap and the downloaded wine flows from the tap to the glass or the bottle.. easy, isn't it?
(here is the ad & demo video... with sub-titles, for those how do not understand french...)

This device makes Quark completely obsolete (as usual) in its delivery system!!! Does Quark really believes that the customers would accept to have to wait for a delivery by mail or to have to go themself pick-up the cards by the printer??? stupid! obsolete! out of age! dynosaur!
Why does not Quark made such an "USB-card" to deliver the cards by internet? that would be a real revolution!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back