Question on Epson 7900WT Printer

shorty83

Hi, I just purchased the metallic silver proofing paper for this printer and the instructions say to select "MetallicProof" as the paper type in the paper setup menu on the printer. Well... there is no option for this. I contacted Epson and they were no help. Any ideas? It says the firmware is up to date. I wanted to print the FlexRip color charts and read them in to make a proofer profile and I don't want to set it up using the wrong paper setting. Thanks in advance!

Molly

The metallic proof option is there in my WT7900 paper setup.

Despite the firmware check, you are probably not up to date.

The Epson LFP Remote Panel is not always trustworthy when it comes to checking the firmware updates. I always manually check both the USA and the UK Epson site for firmware and other sofware (often the UK site is “better” than the USA site).

Stephen Marsh

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back