rapidline 20/51 OLP

EPS

I have an Accuset 1000 with rap 20 I have been working on. The problem is the processor control panel intermittently goes blank during the day. Happens maybe once or twice a week. If I hit the on/off button on CP, machine comes right back on with normal display. I have replaced CP about 6 mo ago, but problem happened before that. All help appreciated.

EPS

It's possible since we are in a very old building, but I haven't noticed any power problems. I guess it could be the GFI unit. I am not usually by the machine watching it so not sure if it goes back through reset cycle as if power just applied. (GI ATB V03 LUTH etc). Could it be Luth computer Bd?

EPS

ATB - AGFA Terminal Board (Control Panel).
When you reset (unplug and plug back) the power plug from wall outlet, you have to see 3 message lines on CP consequenly and GI ATB V03 LUTH is one of them. After that you have dark screen.
If you saw that messages without any touching of the power plug - that meant power line failures at your building, and that was a hard reset of Rapiline.
No any other chance to have dark CP is possible except overheating, but in that case you will find some other troubles/issues (ON/OFF button does not work long time - one of them).

Last edited:
Thanks for info. I guess It could be the GFI unit that is on the main power cord or building power if the 3 lines of info come across the CP display like when initial turn on. This problems happens about one or twice a week and has no pattern and I'm not watching to see if the reset cycle happens. Maybe I need to put a video camera on the CP to see what happens.

Thanks again,
EPS

Update. It looks like the film buffer in the Accuset is the problem. When it starts making noise and won't stop, the processor CP goes blank. Anybody out there have an Accuset 1000 good film buffer for sale?

EPS

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back