RasterLink Pro5 IP - Color Replacement issues... help :(

OBWS

Hello Everyone!

I am currently using Mimaki UJF 3042 hg and Rasterlink Pro5 IP. I am brand new to printing, just started at this specialty print shop a few weeks ago.

I am trying to print on a hockey puck. The logo is black, cyan, magenta, and yellow. I would like the black to be output in white color since the puck is black. When I do mono color replacement, I can't use auto primer+white and auto clear. However it would not allow me to pick the input color in the set multicolor replacement section.

I don't know what I am doing wrong? The multicolor replacement seems only work sometime (if I am lucky!) and definitely not working when I need it most! Very frustrated... PLEASE HELP :(

x
June

Here's the setting I've selected so far:

LF-140CMYK
UV-PET v3.1-1
720*900VD
Pass:24, Overprint:1 time(s)

24PASS
CIPWW
PANEL SETTING
GLOSSY PRINT (100%, 1 PRINT, 1 UV)

AUTO SPECIAL COLOR
-VALID PIXEL
-100% PRIMER, 100% WHITE, 100% WHITE

AUTO CLEAR COMPOSITION
-VALID PIXEL
-100% CLEAR2

I am unfamiliar with this Mimaki - we have an old Mimaki CJV30-130 - forgive me if it seems if I'm insulting your intelligence - but have you got white ink loaded?

And the other question is are you printing a PDF with vector elements - as far as I know you can't change colours in a rasterized image.

White ink is loaded and no insult taken :)

I usually save my .ai files into .eps ... but i think you are right, I probably have some graphics or elements in there that are not imported properly. Any advice to make sure I don't get a rasterized image in my files? :)

Thanks a million!

x
June

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back